John [Lyon], 4th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
born -8 May 1663
21 Sep 1691 Lady Elizabeth Stanhope (d. 24 Apr 1723), only child of Philip [Stanhope], 2nd Earl of Chesterfield, by his second wife Lady Elizabeth Butler, 1st dau. of James [Butler], 1st Duke of Ormonde
1. Hon Patrick Lyon, styled Lord Glamis (b. 1692; dvp. by 10 Sep 1709)
2. Hon Philip Lyon, styled Lord Glamis (bapt. 29 Oct 1693; dvp. 18 Mar 1711/2)
3. Hon John Lyon, later 5th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
4. Hon Charles Lyon, later 6th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
5. Hon Hendrie Lyon (bapt. 1 Jul 1700; d. young)
6. Hon James Lyon, later 7th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
7. Hon Thomas Lyon, later 8th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
1. Lady Helen Lyon (bapt. 8 Jan 1695; dsps. 19 Dec 1723), mar. after 1714 as his first wife Robert [Stuart], 7th Lord Blantyre, and had issue
2. Lady Mary Lyon (bapt. 16 Apr 1697; d. 26 May 1780)
3. Lady Catherine Lyon (bapt. 24 Apr 1707; d. young)
died - 10 May 1712
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
John is 15 degrees from Mary Cassatt, 21 degrees from Salvador Dali, 19 degrees from Théodore Géricault, 17 degrees from Hans Heysen, 20 degrees from Bruno Liljefors, 25 degrees from Margaret Mackintosh, 20 degrees from Charles Porter, 30 degrees from Rembrandt van Rijn, 17 degrees from John Sargent, 12 degrees from Tom Thomson, 28 degrees from Jan Vermeer and 19 degrees from Mindy Silva on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.