- Mary (Malone) Marshall's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Mary Malone was born in Virginia, and died Bef. 1782 in Mecklenburg Co. Virginia. She married John Marshall on Abt. 1739 in Virginia.
More About Mary Malone and John Marshall:
- Marriage: Abt. 1739, Virginia.
Children of Mary Malone and John Marshall are:
- James Marshall, b. Abt. 1739, Mecklenburg Co. Virginia, d. April 15, 1818, Anson Co. North Carolina.
- Lucy Marshall, b. March 07, 1740/41, Mecklenburg Co. Virginia, d. March 25, 1821, Brunswick Co. Virginia.
- Benjamin Marshall, b. 1745, Mecklenburg Co. Virginia, d. December 1818, Lincoln Co. Tennessee.
- Samuel Marshall, b. 1745, Mecklenburg Co. Virginia, d. 1810, Henry Co. Virginia.
- Ann Marshall, b. 1747, Mecklenburg Co. Virginia. 
The Will of John Marshall
- Probate: 14 Nov 1785 Will Probated, Mecklenburg County, Virginia
- In the name of God Amen. I John Marshall of Mucklenburg County being well and sound and perfect memory Thanks to almighty God and calling to Remembrance the uncertainty of human life have made this my last will and Testament in manner following I Give commit my soul the hands of my merciful creator hoping for remission of my sins through the Merits of my blessed redeemer Jesus Christ my body I leave to be buried at the discretion of my Executors hereafter named I (?) after my Just Debts are honestly paid
- Item: I Give unto my son Samuel Marshall and (sic) Negroe fellow named Cesar and one Negroe Boy named Daniel with my Bed and furniture, and gun with The rest of my household furniture with I am possessed with in the County of Muklenburg to him and his heirs forever after paying my Granddaughter Catharine Carter thirty pounds hard money and my Grandson Jrfsc (?) Carter Ten pounds hard money to him and their heirs forever
- Item: I give unto my son James Marshall and one Negroe wench named Daul and all her Children and their increase and one Negroe fellow named Joe and one Negroe Boy named Gorge and all the personal Estate that I possessed him with and money that he is owing to him and his heirs forever
- Item: I give unto my son Benjamin Marshall one Negroe wench named Eady and all her children that henis possessed with and there (sic) increase and all the personal Estate that I possessed him with and money that he is owing to me to him and his heirs forever
- Item: I lend unto Robert Nance and my Daughter Ann Nance one Negroe wench named Cate and her child Dick during either of their lives but after there (sic) decease I give them to my Daughter Ann Nance’s surviving Children Excepting Judeth Nance to them and there (sic) heirs forever
- Item: I give unto Robert Nance all the personal Estate that I possessed him with and money he owes me to him and his heirs forever
- Item: I give unto my Daughter Lucy Malone one iron pott (sic) and hook to her and her heirs forever
- Item: I give unto my Grandaughter (sic) Mary Ingram one Negroe wench named Sarah and all her children and increase to her and her heirs forever
- Item: I give unto my Granddaughter Betsy Hoopper one Negroe Girl named Philis and her increase to her and her heirs forever
- Item: I give unto Judeth Nance one Negro wench named Suk (?) and all her Increase to her and her heirs forever
- Item: If I have any more Estate not willed nor given away I give it to James Marshall, Benjamin Marshall and my Daughter Ann Nance to themand There (sic) heirs forever
- Lastly I nominate and appoint my Two sons Samuel Marshall and James Marshall Executors of this my last will and Testament and as trusties (sic) to see this will Executed hereby revoking and Disanuling (sic) all declaring this to be my last will and Testament. In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this Seventeenth daynof July one Thousand seven hundred and Eighty two. John Marshall (his mark)
- Signed sealed &
- Published before us
- John Arnoll
- William Pegram
- Elisha Arnoll
- At a court held for Muklenburg County the 14th day of Novemb. 1785
- This will was proved by the oaths of John Arnoll and Elisha Arnoll and witness thereto and Ordered to be recorded and on the Motion of Saml. Marshall the Executor therein named who made Oath thereto and together with Elisha Arnoll and John Arnoll his securities entered in and acknowledged their bond in the penalty of one thousand pounds conditioned as the Law directs certificate was granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form
- Teste John Brown Cl.Cuo (?)
- Source: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:3QVR-S1S : accessed 2017-01-27), entry for Mary Malone. U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970 Ancestry.com; Virginia Census, 1607-1890 Ancestry.com; Ancestry Family Trees Ancestry.com. Mary Malone: Pedigree Resource File; Birth:1719, Rattlesnake, Brunswick, Virginia, USA; Death: 1782, Mecklenburg County, Virginia, USA; Residence: 1782, Charlotte County, VA; Marriage: 1739, Virginia, United States. Father: William Malone; Mother: Anne Tucker; Spouse: Captain John Marshall; Children: Nancy Ann Marshall, James Marshall, David Marshall, Samuel Marshall, Lucy Marshall, John III 'Capt' Marshall, Benjamin Marshall, Susannah Marshall, Carter Marshall, James M Marshall, Dau Marshall, Judith Ann Marshall.
- Source: Virginia, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1607-1890: Name: Mary Malone; State: VA; County: Charlotte County; Township: 06 00; Year: 1782; Record Type: Continental Census; Page: 14; Database: VA Early Census Index
- Source: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:3HXN-QH7 : accessed 2017-01-25), entry for Mary Malone. Mary Malone: Pedigree Resource File: Birth: 1719, Rattlesnake, Brunswick, Virginia, United States; Death: 1782, Mecklenburg, Virginia, United States; Marriage: 1739, Virginia, United States
- ↑ Entered by Alisha Stanbery, Jul 17, 2012
- ↑ This will has been formatted into sections with minimal punctuation for readability
- Also see:
- Place sources here:
- Thank you to Alisha Stanbery for starting this profile.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Mary by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Mary:
- Lynden (Raber) Rodriguez : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A073602, Ancestry member lynden_us
- Jimmy Burns : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A308104
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Mary is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 20 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 24 degrees from Ayn Rand and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.