- Elizabeth (Marsh) Benson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Elizabeth Mary Marsh was born on 8 May 1638 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England. Elizabeth was the daughter of John Marsh III (1611-1674) and Susanna (Skelton) Marsh (1620-1695).
Elizabeth married John Benson (1634-1711) abt 1660 in Hull, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. John was the son of John Benson (1608-1678) and Mary (Williams) Benson.
John and Elizabeth Benson were the parents of the following known children: Elizabeth, Joseph, John, Hannah, Isaac and William Benson.
Elizabeth died on 26 Feb 1704 in Hull, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States.
- Christening: Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
In The Great Migration 1634-1635, Anderson states that the claim that Elizabeth Marsh married John Benson of Hull is undocumented.
 Elizabeth MARSH was born 8 July 1646 in Hull, Plymouth County, MA. She was christened on 13 September 1646 in Salem, Essex County, MA. She died on 26 February 1704 in prob in Hull, Plymouth County, MA. John Benson and Elizabeth MARSH had the following children:
i. John BENSON b ~1665 Hull, Plymouth Co, MA d >1725 in Hull
ii. Joseph Benson b.~1667 Hull, Plymouth Co., MA d 9 July 1737 in Rochester, Plymouth Co., MA
iii. Isaac Benson b. 1669 Hull, Plymouth Co., MA d 1746 - Gloucester, Providence Co., RI
 ISAAC BENSON (s. John Benson & Elizabeth Marsh), b. abt. 1669, Hull Plymouth Co., MASS., D. after 1746; Md 12 Mar. 1698/92 at Sandwich, Plymouth Co., Mary Bumpas (dau. John & Sarah Bumpus), chr. 20 Aug. 1671, Scituate, Plymouth Co., d. after 1715
Found multiple copies of BIRT DATE. Using 08 JUL 1646
Found multiple copies of DEAT DATE. Using 26 FEB 1704Array
- Note: #H2736
 "The Ancestors and Descendants of John Lewis Benson and His Sisters and Brother:" pp 107 - N H Benson, IN 2011
 "The Benson Family: Descendants of Isaac Benson and Mary Bumpas" pp 4, G H Croft-Christensen 1973
- Source: Title: Ancestral File (R) Author: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Publication: Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998 Repository: Family History Library Address: 35 N West Temple Street CONT Salt Lake City, Utah 84150
- Source: S131 Great Migration 1634-1635, M-P. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2010. ) Originally published as: The Great Migration, Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635, Volume V, M-P, by Robert Charles Anderson. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2007. (Subscription required.)
- Source: S14986 Author: Douglas Musty Title: Douglas Musty E mail Publication: Name: <email@example.com>; NOTE
ABBR Douglas Musty E mail CONT
- Source: S15025 Title: Elizabeth Marsh.ged NOTE
Source Medium: Other CONT
- Source: S15261 Title: Isaac Benson.FTW NOTE
Source Medium: Other CONT
- Source: S15692 Author: Fred H. Benson Title: The Benson Family Records Publication: Name: The Craftsman Press Syracuse, NY 1920; NOTE
ABBR The Benson Family Records CONT
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Elizabeth by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Elizabeth:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: SM Reaper, Homer Hopper, Becky Syphers, and David McKnight. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 13 Aug 2014 at 11:05 GMT Becky (Nally) Syphers wrote:
On 13 Feb 2014 at 23:28 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
Elizabeth is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 12 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 16 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.