Meg is a Wiki Genealogist
following these tags:
- Daniel Breen b. @1818 Ireland is my earliest Breen ancestor. LIved in Port Henry, NY, in 1847, moved to Fort Winnebago Wisconsin @ 1850.
- Trying to categorize most of the profiles I manage. Appreciate the work done by many to sort out categories.
- My German ancestors from the Rhineland, east side across from Bonn, surnames Weiden, Vorst, Sulzen, Bahn. Also German-speaking Bohemians (Pichler, Becher) from Karsbad, now Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.
- I'd like to add categories to some of my family who homesteaded.
- Irish ancestors include McGowan from County Leitrim, Nolans from County Carlow, McCormicks from County Donegal, as well as Breen, McNerney (McNertney), Gallahan, Martin.
- McCormick family from County Donegal migrated to Simcoe County Ontario late 1830s. Moved to Wellington County by 1843. Have met a couple of McCormick cousins on WikiTree.
- My McGowan ancestors came from County Leitrim to Vermont early 1840s.
- My Nolan ancestors came from County Carlow to Peterborough Ontario @ late 1820s.
- Theviot ancestors came from the area that is now the Beuel district of Bonn.
- Just getting started with my Norwegian roots, with much help from a distant cousin identified with DNA.
- My Nolan and McCormick ancestors emigrated from Ireland to Ontario.
- Or Pichler, at least three generations living in Karlsbad, Bohemia. Amalia Pichler Peyer immigrated to Minnesota in 1870s.
- Like to source when I have time.
- Theviots lived in Elbeuf, France in late 1600s. Jean Louis Theviot moved to Vilich, Rhineland late 1700s. His grandson Henry emigrated to Minnesota @ 1870.
- Johan Anderson Vieg given his surname in Swedish army. Emigrated to Fort Dodge, Iowa about 1869.
Meg McGowan's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Meg or other
carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Meg McGowan:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup T2b, Mitosearch 4W8DA, FTDNA kit #N74405
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Meg:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages:
Send a private message to Meg. (Best for comments to Meg that need to be private.)
- Public Comments:
Login to post.
(Best for messages to or about Meg that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 15 Sep 2017 at 21:17 GMT Brian Zalewski wrote:
On 3 Aug 2017 at 12:11 GMT Gerry Kraemer wrote:
On 29 Jul 2017 at 03:48 GMT Karen (McCormick) Straus wrote:
On 1 Aug 2016 at 12:44 GMT Dennis Hahn wrote:
On 26 Jan 2016 at 08:00 GMT Maryann (Thompson) Hurt wrote:
On 26 Jan 2016 at 03:57 GMT Maryann (Thompson) Hurt wrote:
On 26 Aug 2015 at 01:04 GMT John Reilly wrote:
On 13 Aug 2015 at 00:00 GMT Stephen McGowan wrote:
On 8 May 2015 at 22:54 GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
On 2 Apr 2015 at 13:36 GMT Guy Constantineau wrote:
Meg is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Joseph Broussard, 26 degrees from Helmut Jungschaffer and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor
on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.