- Marty McGowan III's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- see a pending biography: 
- Appleton Public, Appleton MN, 1950 - 1962
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S.B. Mechanical Engineering, 1966
- Catholic University of America, M.S. Engineering, 1971
- June, 6, 1970, Patricia Ann Ralicki, Pittsburgh PA.
- Best Man: Robert J Simcoe
- Matron of Honor: Cherry (Osborne) Johnson d. 1988
Marty tried to live in states spelling "McGowan".
- Born in Minnesota, college in Massachusetts, first job in Maryland.
- Then on to California and Colorado.
- not wanting to "fill in the blanks", and not looking forward to "Gawgia" read Martinis ..., he "cut to the chase" and wrapped up with
- New York and New Jersey
- 1944 - '66: Appleton, MN
- 9/62 - 6/66: college, 229 Commonwealth Ave, Boston MA
- fall '64, summer '65: co-op semesters, Cleveland Ave, St Paul MN
- summer '66: Arlington VA
- 9/66 - 9/67: Silver Spring, MD
- 9/67 - 3/68: Laurel MD
- 4/68 - 4/70: Frankson Ave, St Paul MN
- while overseas, Sinop Turkey, ASA field station.
- 4/70 - 6/70: College Pk, MD
- 6/70 - 6/73: 1729 Dana St, Crofton MD
- 6/73 - 6/75: 17442 Village Drive, Tustin CA
- 6/75 - 5/82: 2765 Bermuda Cir, Colorado Springs, CO
- 5/82 - 9/85: 32 Cambric Cir, Fairport NY
- 9/85 - 12/13: 24 Herning Ave, Cranford NJ
- 1/14 - now : 64 Diamond Spring Dr, Monroe Twp, NJ
- Marty's formal name
- full middle name (J.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (7)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Marty McGowan's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Marty or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Marty McGowan: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-M269, FTDNA kit #400542
- Meg McGowan : Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup T2b, Mitosearch 4W8DA, FTDNA kit #N74405
- Mary Pat (Nolan) Nolan-Grigsby : 23andMe
- Meg McGowan : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T382961, FTDNA kit #N74405
- Sarah White : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T866700, FTDNA kit #536349
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Could W-X login as well? Dec 8, 2016.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Marty. (Best for comments to Marty that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Marty that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 11 Feb 2016 at 16:19 GMT Marty McGowan III wrote:
and Ernest O Lawrence, b. Canton, SD, 1901. Nobel Prize in Physics
On 10 Feb 2016 at 11:20 GMT Lisa (Kelsey) Murphy wrote:
On 9 Feb 2016 at 16:29 GMT Lisa (Kelsey) Murphy wrote:
I just wanted to let you know that I got Caleb and Austin, from the Culper Ring, connected to the tree. I will be going back and adding more info and family to them but want to attach the whole ring if I can first.
On 2 Feb 2016 at 21:34 GMT Alison Andrus wrote:
Alison Andrus- Leader of the Spies and Traitors Project
On 12 May 2015 at 03:21 GMT Lisa (Kelsey) Murphy wrote:
Thank you for the adds on the trusted lists. I have always loved history and family trees. Those just fit right in with both. I have been making some connections already, further out on the branches and will continue to work on getting them all made. Check out my profile for Anna Smith Strong. I think you may find it interesting.
On 3 Feb 2015 at 21:33 GMT Marty McGowan III wrote: