- Sarah McGowan's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Infant Mortality, Minnesota.
Baby Sarah, named after her mother, grandmother and paternal aunt, lived only a couple of months. Her nephew Martin McGowan Jr. wrote in an online biography what little was known about the child: "It is not recorded where she was buried. Since the family lived in Kerkhoven in Lutheran territory, it is assumed Sarah, the daughter, was buried in a common grave in a Catholic cemetery in Murdock or DeGraff. No marker or record was ever found."
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sarah by comparing test results with other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Sarah:
- Meg McGowan : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T382961, FTDNA kit #N74405
- Sarah White : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T866700, FTDNA kit #536349
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Meg McGowan, Brendan McGOWAN, and Marty McGowan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Sarah is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 36 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 25 degrees from Abby Glann, 28 degrees from Charles Schulz and 28 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.