[private brother (1950s - unknown)] and [private sister (1950s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 27 Jan 2020
| Created 4 Nov 2011 | Last significant change: 25 Jan 2020
This page has been accessed 723 times.
Milla Elizabeth McKinlay Date of Import: Dec 15, 2003
She is a 1st cousin of Rae Ball, twice removed
- Date: 19 NOV 1956
- Husband: Morris-3450 David Thomas Morris
- Wife: McKinlay-26 Milla Elizabeth McKinlay
- Date: 17 OCT 1992
- Date: 5 JUN 1954
- Father: McKinlay-22 Francis James McKinlay
- Mother: Mc Murchy-1 Jean Agnes Mc Murchy
- Brother: McKinlay-25James Duncan McKinlay
- Me McKinlay-26 Milla Elizabeth McKinlay
- Sister McKinlay-27 Rosemary Jean McKinlay
Name: M Elizabeth McKinlay.
Given Name: M Elizabeth.
A Given name was found in addition to a first name in the NAME tag.
19 NOV 1956.
Collingwood, Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada.
No biography yet. Can you add information or sources?
- ↑ Profile created by Elizabeth McKinlay through the import of Elizabeth McKinlay Family Tree.ged on Dec 11, 2019. This comment and citation should be deleted after a short biography has been added and primary sources have been cited.
- WikiTree profile McKinlay-26 created through the import of Thomas Ball.GED on Nov 3, 2011 by Ball-2533 Rae Ball.
- First-hand information. Entered by Elizabeth McKinlay at registration.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Elizabeth's formal name
- full middle name (E.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (8)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Elizabeth McKinlay's full information you must be on Elizabeth's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Elizabeth is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Ball was my great grandmother's maiden name; father's mother's mother's maiden name; from Uxbridge, Ontario area; connected with Quakerism
- Elizabeth Cameron married (his second wife) Duncan McEwen of Cambusmoon Cottage, Village of Gartocharn, Parish of Kilmaronock, Scotland. Elizabeth Cameron was born March 18, 1822; she died December 11, 1902 at Cambusmoon Cottage.
- My 2X GGrandfather Henry Collins (1817-1897) emigrated from Ireland, first to New York State (1850 US census shows he and his wife and three sons living in Peru, Clinton, NY); a few years later the family moved to Ontario, Canada where he raised his family; died in Thornbury, Ontario in 1897, Limited family history suggested he was from Armagh, Ireland; he married Jane Pentleton (b about 1824)
- Mary Cook and her husband John McKindlay were living in the Parish of Kilmaronock, Dumbartonshire, Scotland in 1787. Records from that Parish indicate the following children born to them: James 7/11/1787; Jean 8/2/1790; Archibald (12/11/1793); Agnes (1/1/1797); Mary (10/7/1798); Elisabeth (14/11/1800). Son Archibald married Margaret Laird on March 13, 1823.
- James, my paternal grandmother's maiden name, connected with Uxbridge, Ontario, and with Quakerism
- Margaret Laird, B June 26, 1802 married Archibald McKin(d)lay on March 15, 1823 in the Parish of Bonhill. These are my GGGrandparents.
- My great-grandmother was Elizabeth McEwen who married Thomas McKinlay. Her parents were Duncan McEwen (wood merchant) and Elizabeth Cameron who lived at Cambusmoon Cottage, Village of Gartocharn, Parish of Kilmaronock. Duncan's brother Walter was a "tea merchant" who travelled to India and the Orient in the practice of his trade. Duncan first married Janet Aiken, had 5 children: Walter, John, Janet, James, Duncan. With Elizabeth Cameron (2nd wife) he had 7 children), eldest was Elizabeth
- Mary Cook and her husband John McKindlay were living in the Parish of Kilmaronock, Dumbartonshire, Scotland in 1787. Records from that Parish indicate the following children born to them: James 7/11/1787; Jean 8/2/1790; Archibald (12/11/1793); Agnes (1/1/1797); Mary (10/7/1798); Elisabeth (14/11/1800). Son Archibald married Margaret Laird on March 13, 1823. This latter couple are my GGGrandparents
- McMurchy is my mother's maiden name; McMurchy's from the Vaughan Twp area N of Toronto
- Jane Pentleton, born about 1824 in Ireland married Henry Collins (born 1817), supposedly from Armagh, ireland. They emigrated to New York State, lived there for a few years, then came to Ontario, Canada where they raised their family. Jane died in 1904 in Thornbury, Ontario, Canada
Elizabeth McKinlay's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Elizabeth or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Elizabeth:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.