William McLellan is an NSSAR Patriot Ancestor. NSSAR Ancestor #: P-246789 Rank: Soldier
William McLellan was born on 7 July 1759 in Falmouth, Maine. His parents were James McLellan and Abigail McLellan.
He married Jane Harding on 27 July 1782. They had eleven children:
1. Elkanah, born 22 May 1783; married 1st Anna Roberts, 2nd Betsey (McLellan) Davis
2. Sarah B., born 9 Aug 1785; married Samuel McLellan
3. Rebecca, born 11 Dec 1787; married Samuel McLellan (2nd wife)
4. Elizabeth, born 2 Jul 1790; married Thomas Blake
5. Martha, born 15 Feb 1793; married James Harding
6. James, born 13 Jun 1795; married 1st Abigail Walker, 2nd Sarah Booker
7. Jane, born 21 Aug 1797; married Simeon Davis
8. Polly, born 17 Feb 1800; married 1st George Manson, 2nd John Boothby
9. Samuel, born 31 Mar 1802; married Susan Burbank
10. David, born 8 Apr 1805; married Mary Libby
11. William, born 8 Apr 1805; married Amanda Jones
William was a soldier during the American Revolution, serving in the Bagaduce expedition in 1779. He was captured during the battle but escaped and made his way home to Gorham. He passed away on 13 May 1843 in Gorham and is buried in Eastern Cemetery.
↑ "Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2HK8-93Z : 4 November 2017), William Mclellan, Birth 07 Jul 1759; citing Division of Vital Statistics, State Board of Health, Augusta; FHL microfilm 9,829.
↑ "Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2HVK-K65 : 17 October 2017), William Mclellan, Death 13 May 1843; citing Division of Vital Statistics, State Board of Health, Augusta; FHL microfilm 1,002,650.
Is William your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: