[private sister (1950s - unknown)] [half], [private brother (1950s - unknown)], [private sister (1960s - unknown)] and [private brother (1960s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 21 Mar 2020
| Created 14 Apr 2017 | Last significant change: 18 Mar 2020
This page has been accessed 1,350 times.
When my father died in 1999, he left me a family tree drawn in the shape of a fan, on some parchment paper. Since then I have put this information into a "family tree" program, and researched new people/information. I never seem to find enough time to indulge in, what has now become a passion and/or an obsession.
- Ancestor table (as of December 20, 2019)
|Generation||Relationship||Number||Found||# Accumulative||Found accumulative||%||% Accumulative
|4||2 x Great grandparents||16||16||30||30||100.00||100.00
|5||3 x Great grandparents||32||25||62||55||78.13||88.71
|6||4 x Great grandparents||64||17||126||72||26.56||57.14
|7||5 x Great grandparents||128||12||254||84||9.37||33.07
|8||6 x Great grandparents||256||10||510||94||3.91||18.43
Paternal relationship is confirmed by a 1540.1 cM match over 42 segments with a largest matching segment of 113.4 cM on chromosome 3, between Neil McNicol, GEDmatch H059414 and his paternal aunt Margaret McIntyre, GEDmatch H324580.
- First-hand information. Entered by Neil McNicol at registration.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Neil's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- private siblings' names
For access to Neil McNicol's full information you must be on Neil's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Neil is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Always like to know what's going on.
- I have several family members who were ANZAC's.
- A name that goes a long way back on my maternal side.
- A branch of my family that came from Prussia.
- I would be interested in helping with any project(s).
- An extremely intriguing, and compulsive branch to genealogy.
- I'd love to collaborate with anyone else who is researching Liggett.
- There are so many variants.
- Another variant of my family name.
- Another family line.
- A variant of my family name.
- I'd love to collaborate with anyone else who is researching the name McNicol.
- Keen on contributing 'to the cause'.
- Searching the McNicol surname along with the various name variants.
- I have strong Scottish roots, both on my paternal and maternal lines.
- Always glad to help anywhere, any place or anytime...
Neil McNicol's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Neil or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Neil McNicol:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup H4a1a1a1a1, FTDNA kit #B294698, MitoYDNA ID T11510 [compare]
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Neil:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.