Served in Revolutionary War. Captian Michael Forrer's Company. ( see Memory) The following is from " the Blue Book of Schuylkill County, written in 1916: Henrich Mueller and wife Magdalena came from the Rhine Pfalz, Oderscheim, Palatinate, Europe, August 15, 1750 on the ship "Royal Union," Capt. Clement Nicholson, sailing from Rotterdam. He came directly to Eastern Pennsylvania to relatives in Bern Township, Lancaster County, going thence to Brunswick Township, in the same county. He settled in the valley between the Blue and Second and Sharp Mountains, on Bear Creek, near Bear Ridge, between what is now Auburn and Jefferson, Schuylkill County. The original Tract was not patented until August 12, 1774, and the parts of two other tracts were patented February 27, 1775, in the name of his son, Andreas Miller, by patent recorded. Having transferred the patent rights of his land to his son Andreas, Heinrich Miller wrote his will, Sepotember 22, 1775, which was probated December 15, 1778. (Abstract of Wills, Berks Co., 1752-1793, Vol. I. Penna. His. Soc., Phila.) The will directs that Andreas gets everything and shall care for the mother, Magdalena, and that the daughter (no name mentioned) "must pay Andreas for her right to anything."
There is no other record as to when or where Heinrich Miller died. He is doubtless buried at the Summer Hill church, where his wife, Magdalena, is interred, his grave being among the many nunnamed, the date of death being December, 1778. The tax lists of Berks County were made up in 1752, but were not enforced until 1754. Heinrich Miller, taxable, north side of Blue Mountains, 1754.
There were altogether less than fifty persons east of the Schuylkill River between the Blue and the Sharp Mountain, when the Indian purchase, 1749, was made, one authority says, "only twenty-seven," and when the Indian troubles began. After beginning their little clearings and erecting their humble log cabins they united, 1755, in building the first log church, known as the Zion's Lutheran or Red Church, which was reduced to ashes by the Indians in 1757.
Here were born the two first children of Heinrich and Magdalena Miller. Andrew, b. February 15, 1756, died January 23, 1842, tombstone, Reformed (White) church cemetery, Orwigsburg, and Johannes, three weeks old, baptized April 21, 1757, sponsors Johannes and Barbara Clouser.
Of this Johannes nothing further is known, but he was probably killed by the Indians when they attacked the Miller home, or died from exposure in their flight across the mountains to Bern township, where their third child, the daughter mentioned in the will was born.
Brunswick Townshp, Lancaster County, was inhabited as early as 1740, but it was not erected into a township before 1768, when afterward (1810) was taken from it and Pinegrove Township, the seven townships that, with all but one-sixth, included all of the part now embraced in Schuylkill County. When in Lancaster County, Brunswick Township extended over the Blue Mountain, a small strip protruding over where Windsor and two other townships formed what was known as "Die Ecke" (the corner). The Indian terror broke out in this locality November 24, 1755. Up to this time the settlers had gone into hiding in the block houses and Forts Franklin and Lebanon and with friends across the mountain in Windsor and Bern Townships. In the fall of 1757 murder and rapine drove them to a refuge of safety and the Millers fled to Bern Township. They remained south of the Blue Mountains until 1765, when with a scattered remnant of their neighbors, the first pioneers, they returned to their homes in Brunswick Township (Braunschweig.) After rebuilding their homes, many having returned to plant and harvest their crops in the interim, they rebuilt the log church, completed 1770, the present being the fourth church of that name. he history of the Mueller family is involved in that of the early church of what is now schuylkill County. They were of the Reformed faith. The first and second Red Church congregations, with log churches butil 1755 and 1765, were Lutheran. Reformed ministers and teachers visited their people, baptized their children, taught them and performed other rites of the church whose records unfortunately were not preserved. These from 1783 to 1795 were: Revs. Stoy, Lehman, Hautz, Wagner, Hartzell and others. The Reformed congregation was formally organized in 1795 as Christ Reformed Church, Brunswick Township. The church was built a few rods west of Zion's or the Red Church, on the opposite side of the road near the forks where the road from Landingville joins the turnpike. The two churches united as a Union church with alternate Sundays for worship, Whit Monday, June 11, 1832, and has remained as such ever since.
Burial: Saint Pauls Cemetery Auburn Schuylkill County Pennsylvania, USA
Created by: Karen McKellar Record added: May 01, 2011 Find A Grave: Memorial #69190017
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 22 Aug 2016 at 16:13 GMT Lawrence Bailey wrote:
Henrich is 26 degrees from Walter Morrison, 31 degrees from Alison Wilkins and 18 degrees from Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.