- Ignazio Milone's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Ignacio (or "Ignazio") Milone is born 9 August 1878 in Corleone and baptized the next day. He is the son of Salvatore Milone and Carmela Rizzo. His godparents are Concetto Spicozza and Giovanna Natoli. Ignazio is named after his paternal grandfather.
Open Issues: No baptismal record has been found for Ignacio, matching the 19 April 1881 birth date given in his WWI draft registration.
The closest date to the WWI record's DOB in the Corleone baptismal records for Ignacio Milone is born in January 1882, the son of Francesco Milone and Carmela Milone.
Ignazio Milone (his first name is also spelled “Ignacio”), reportedly born in 1881 in Corleone, is a member of Giuseppe Morello’s gang in New York City, and is killed there in 1934, according to Wagner et al.
His marriage record has not yet been found.
Ignazio Milone, in his registration for the WWI draft, gives his address as 166 E 106th St, New York. He is 37 years old, born 19 April 1881 in Italy. He is an unemployed barber. His contact person is his wife, Maggie Milone, at the same address. The registrar describes Ignazio as short and slender, with brown eyes and black hair. His right eye is bad.
A death record matching these dates gives us his parents’ names, a match for the 1878 baptismal record.
Ignazio dies on 8 May 1934 at 165 St. Anns Ave in the Bronx. He is 53 (b. 1881), a barber by profession, and married. He is buried on 11 May in St. Johns Cemetery. His wife’s name is given as “Goshaline Milone.”
- ↑ Baptism of Ignatium Milone, 10 August 1878, "Italia, Palermo, Diocesi di Monreale, Registri Parrocchiali, 1531-1998," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6LSS-XQK?cc=2046915&wc=MG34-SPX%3A351041801%2C351041802%2C351275901 : 20 May 2014), Corleone > San Martino > image 97 of 182; Archivio di Arcidiocesi di Palermo (Palermo ArchDiocese Archives, Palermo).
- ↑ Wagner, Richard, Angelo Santino, and Lennert Van 't Riet. "The Early New York Mafia: An Alternative Theory." The Informer: May 2014. Accessed online 11 January 2016.
- ↑ "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K6JH-Q6Y : 12 December 2014), Ignazio Milone, 1917-1918; citing New York City no 152, New York, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 1,786,813.
- ↑ Death of Ignazio Milone, 8 May 1934, "New York, New York City Municipal Deaths, 1795-1949," database, FamilySearch(https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2WGC-K17 : 20 March 2015), Ignazio Milone, 08 May 1934; citing Death, Bronx, New York, New York, United States, New York Municipal Archives, New York; FHL microfilm 2,155,975.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Ignazio's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Ignazio is 32 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 35 degrees from Lucrezia Borgia, 32 degrees from Emma MacBeath, 38 degrees from Charles Schulz and 34 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.