On August 13, 1750, Jacob Mohlar (transcribed Mohler) sailed on the ship Edinburg with James Russell as master. This ship began its Atlantic crossing from Rotterdam with 314 passengers. "A List of Emigrants in Bondage, "compiled in the Original Lists of Emigrants in Bondage From London to the American Colonies 1718-1744, (Baltimore, Maryland, 1981) is a John Moulder from Newgate aboard the ship Smith, George Buckeridge, Captain, with 63 passengers on February 3, 1732. There were later crossings by Mohler, Muller, and Moller families, but they have been disregarded because of the dates sailed.'
Note N156John came to America on the ship "Leslie" (possible with his father Henry Moulder) about 1740 and settled in East Tennessee.
John was born in 1733 and with his wife, Susannah and brother Valentine, imigrated to Rowan Co., North Car. Here he raised a family of eight children. John sold his farm in 1795 and moved with his son, Felta to Grainger, now Union Co., Tenn. He died May 27, 1810. Buried 3 miles north of Maynardsville, Tenn. Susannah died in 1833 and is buried beside her husband. 1
John MOHLARMOLERMOULDER had children, all possibly born in the area of.
Randolph Co., NC that was formed in 1778 from Guilford Co., in the part.
that was formed in 1770 from Orange County:
1. Catherine3 "Caty"7 MOULDER b. before 1765;6 m. Richard PENN;3 living 1838 MO7.
2. Mary 3 MOULDER m. Jack PHILLIPS;3 d. VA?3.
3. Henry 3,7 MOULDER b. ca. 1765;8 living 18508.
4. Susanna 2,3,7 MOULDER b. Sep. 1767;9 m. Johann Adam SHEEK;2,3,7 d. 2 May 18399,10.
Davie Co., NC.
5. John3 MOULDER b. before 1770;13 m. Sarah14 Feilding HOPPER;20.
d. between 30 Mar.14 and 20 Aug. 180115 Jefferson Co., TN14.
6. Elizabeth2,3 MOULDER b. 177011-177512 m. Isaac HENDRIX;2,3 living 1835 IN2.
7. Jacob2,3 MOULDER b. 2 Apr. 1775;17 m.bond Elizabeth BORELAND 24 May 1802;16.
d. 3 Mar. 184617, bur. Old Paoli Cem., Orange Co., IN17.
8. Valentine2,3 "Felty"7 MOULDER b. 25 Nov. 1776;18 m. Lavina ROBERSON19/ROBERTSON3.
lic date 28 May 1798;19 d. ca. 18342 or 7 Jan. 1833;18 drowned Clinch River,.
Union Co., TN2,18. 1
1. Union County Historical Society, Incorporated, Pathways,.
12 (Dec. 1993): Number 4, table of contents page. Photo of tombstone.
"John Mohlar Dec[eased] May 27 1810 in the 77th Year of His Age.".
2. Letter Jacob Moulder to "Adam Sheeks or sons," 2 Oct. 1836, Jacob Sheek.
and Jonathan Smith Papers, Collection #4765, Manuscript Department,.
Perkins Library, Duke University, Durham, NC. It was stated that.
"Sister Elizabeth Hendrix....was here to see us last fall," and that.
"I do not know....whether you have heard of the Death of Mother and.
brother Valentine. he has been dead near two years, and some over one.
year since Mothers death." Photocopy in my possession.
3. Letter G. W. Moulder, Sr. to Mr. Jesse Butcher and family, 5 Sep. 1883,.
location of original unknown. Photocopy in my possession. Copy also.
on FHL microfilm 1,402,783, that is not as clear on last part. G[eorge] W.
Moulder was born in 1799, a son of Valentine, and grandson of John.
Jesse Butcher was the husband of George's sister. Note: In the letter.
he inadvertently reversed the husbands of Elizabeth and Susanna.
4. Iredell Co., NC court of pleas and quarter sessions, 1789-1805 book,.
unpaginated, 3rd Monday Nov. 1804 term, letters adm. on estate of.
Valentine Moulder issued, FHL microfilm 0,548,873.
5. Valentine Moulder loose estate papers, NC State Archives.
6. 1810 Grainger Co., TN census. Katherine head of household, over age 45.
7. Letter Jacob Sheek [visiting in TN] to wife Sary Sheek, 9 Sep. 1838,.
Sheek and Smith Papers, Perkins Library. He stated "Uncle Felty Molders.
widdow lives here in Grainge[r] County, East Tennece. Uncle Henry Molder.
live about a hundred and forty miles further in middle Tennese, Aunt.
Caty Penn lives in the Misorou State...." Photocopy in my possession.
8. 1850 VanBuren Co., TN census.
9. Transcript of Bible in home of John Wiley Sheek, Sheek File, McCubbins.
Collection, Rowan Public Library, Salisbury, NC, FHL microfilm 0,018,891.
10. Sheek family record in Sheek and Smith Papers, Perkins Library. Photocopy.
in my possession. Entries prior to 1798 appear to have been written.
at the same time. Entries after that time appear to have been written. different times.
11. 1830 Scott Co., Indiana census. Isaac Hendrix household with 50-60.
year old female.
12. 1820 Scott Co., Ind. census, Isaac Hendrix household with female over.
13. Jo White Linn, Rowan County, North Carolina Tax Lists 1757-1800,.
Annotated Transcripts, (Salisbury, NC: by author, 1995). Both.
John Molar and John Molar, Jr. appear in 1791 tax list.
14. John Mohlar will, Jefferson Co., TN wills 1:64-65, FHL microfilm 0,968,311.
15. John Molder estate sale, Jefferson Co., TN 2:280-282, FHL microfilm.
16. Brent H. Holcomb, Marriages of Orange County, North Carolina 1779-.
1868 (Baltimore: Gen. Pub. Co., Inc., 1983).
17. Photo of tombstone taken 2002 by Eleanor Rayl. Scan in my possession.
18. George Chester Moulder, Moulder's Record of the Moulder Family of.
America, (Lebanon, MO: by author, 1933), FHL microfilm 0,000,558.
19. Jefferson Co., TN marriage records p. 26, #257, FHL microfilm 0,968,301.
20. E-mail Dorothy M. Avery [firstname.lastname@example.org] to Fredric Z. Saunders,.
6 Oct. 1998, stated "Sarah, wife of John Mohler was Sarah Feilding Hopper.
Their daughter Nancy marries John Fraime Henderson and had a son, John Jr.
I found a document used I believe for an autobigraphy on him and it names.
his and her parents.". 1
Source: - CA Moulder - Ancestry.com.
John migrated to Philadelphia in America as a child, possibly on the same vessel as his father Henry Mohler, the Leslie, in 1749. He married Susannah Swingle who as a child was decoyed onto a ship, brought to Philadelphia, and sold for her passage to John. About 1770, John migrated with his brother Valentine to North Carolina, settling on the Yadkin River, near Salem (now Winston-Salem). He had eight children. In 1795, he sold his farm in North Carolina and moved to Tennessee. He was a cobbler and a saddler. 1
DNA-Mutations - M-18 Jack Molder.
A distinct mutation that had to have happened from Henry Mohler (b. 1711) to his son John, which identifies anyone with an 11 on that marker(511) is being from John.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 1 Aug 2017 at 00:31 GMT Stephanie Stults wrote:
On 25 Jun 2017 at 15:25 GMT Rick Saunders wrote:
On 23 Dec 2016 at 07:52 GMT Stephanie Stults wrote:
On 22 Oct 2016 at 18:54 GMT Stephanie Stults wrote:
Johann is 18 degrees from Chet Atkins, 15 degrees from Edie Kohutek and 18 degrees from Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.