- William Moleyns MP's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
WILLIAM DE MOLEYNS, son and heir, born 7 January 1377/8, in the parish of St. Stephen, Coleman Street, London. His grandmother Margery in 1398 obtained his marriage (as William, son and heir of Richard, dominus de Molyns), paying 700 marks to the Earl of Wiltshire. In December 1399 and again in 1403 he was a commissioner of array in Buckinghamshire, and a justice of the peace in 1403, 1419 and 1422. His debts were pardoned in 1414, when he is styled a knight. In 1419 and 1421 he was a commissioner for loans to the King. He married, before Michaelmas 1405, Margery. He died 8 June 1425, and was buried at Stoke Poges. His widow had papal indults in 1425 and 1426. She died 26 March 1439, desiring to be buried at Stoke Poges. [Complete Peerage IX:41-2, (transcribed by Dave Utzinger)]
- The History of Parliament
- S-1965200573: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com.
- Church of Latter Day Saints IGI Records http://www.familysearch.org
- Richardson: Plantagenet Ancestry, 2nd edn. (2011), Volume 2, page 523, MOLEYNS 11.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of William's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Tim Perry, Jeffrey Steele, Bob Fields, and Stephen Gerwing. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Dorothy Coakley, 22 degrees from Virgil Grissom, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.