- Caleb Moody's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of family.ged on 21 September 2010.
This person was created through the import of Weaver.ged on 03 January 2011.
This person was created through the import of liddell3.ged on 30 April 2011.
The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
Caleb was born about 1637. Caleb Moody ... He passed away in 1698. 
- Name: Caleb Moody
- 1637 Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA
- 25 AUG 1698 Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA
- Husband: Caleb Moody
- Wife: Judith Bradbury
- Marriage 09 NOV 1665 Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, USA
- Child: Daniel Moody
- Child: Sarah Moody
- Child: Caleb Moody
- Child: Thomas Moody
- Child: Joshua Moody
- Child: William Moody
- Child: Samuel Moody
- Child: Mary Moody
- Child: Judith Moody
- Source: #S221 Scott Tilmont World Tree Project
While processing relationships in the gedcom some additional information was found which may be relevant.
- @F1405@ FAM
- Husband: @I4373@
- Wife: @I4374@
- Marriage 9 NOV 1665
- Child: @I4362@
- Child: @I8916@
- Child: @I8917@
- Child: @I8918@
- Child: @I8919@
- Child: @I8920@
- Child: @I8921@
- @F3271@ FAM
- Husband: @I4373@
- Wife: @I8913@
- Marriage 24 AUG 1659 Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts
- Child: @I8914@
- Child: @I8915@
In the Newbury Town Records, published on the NEHGS site: Have listed all Caleb's children in the records.
1671-Moody- Joshua s. of Caleb b. Nov 3 1671 1673-Moody-William s of Caleb-b. Dec 15 1673 1674-Moody-Cutting-s of Caleb-b. Apr 9 1674 1675-Moody-Samuel-s.of Caleb-b. Jan 4 1675 1678-Moody-Mary-d.of Caleb b.Oct 23 1678 1682-Moody-Judith-d of Caleb b. Feb 12 1682- died of smallpox in Salisbury, Jan 28 1678.
A Samuel Moody died April 4 1675. He was obviously an adult, as he was not listed, as children were, as "s/d of".
Caleb's marriage to Judith Bradbury is also listed. Nov 9 1665.
Parentage of Samuel is listed in the Clergy Lists of Colonial Churches- as son of Sergt.Caleb and Judith (Bradbury) Moody b. Jan 4 1675/6 Newbury. (Old dating method when New Year began in March) Ordained Dec 1700 in York, ME.
- William Ramage, firsthand knowledge. Click the Changes tab for the details of edits by William and others.
- Brother's Keeper file of John Raitt of Ocala FL
- Source S72 Abbreviation: Genalogical Dict Title: James Savage, Geneaological Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England (Originally published Boston 1860-62, reprinted April 1873 and 1884. Reproduced by Genealogical Publishing Company, Balitmore 1981.)
- Source S174 Abbreviation: Middlesex County Mass History Title: William Richard Cutter, Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Familes of Middlesex County Massachusetts (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1968), ; digital images, Google, Google Books (http://books.google.com/books?id=xY8sAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA2-PA853&lpg=RA2-PA853&dq=%22john+marston%22+1626&source=bl&ots=E5K3k89yDj&sig=qdYwoTeLTGWS8hzOQT2svCnMzsM&hl=en&ei=xFz1SvOaA5Sd8Ab01LHzCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CBgQ6AEwCDgK#v=onepage&q=%22john%20marston%22%201626&f=false
- Source S221 Abbreviation: Ancestry Family Trees Title: Ancestry Family Trees (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.)
- Note: This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created. Repository: #R36
- Source S255 Author: Ancestry.com Title: One World Tree (sm) Publication: Name: Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., n.d.; Repository: #R1
- Repository R1 Name: www.ancestry.com
- Repository R36 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com
- ↑ Entered by William Ramage, Feb 29, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Source: #S255 Online publication - Ancestry.com. OneWorldTree [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=6676093&pid=-1250176662
- ↑ Source: #S174 Page 613
- ↑ Source: #S72 page 225
Thanks to Glenn Raitt for starting this profile.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Caleb's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David McAvity and Glenn Raitt. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 18 Feb 2015 at 22:30 GMT Thomas Moody wrote:
Caleb is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.