- Hugh I (Morville) de Morville's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Battle of the Standard.
Hugh de Morville (d.1162), Lord of Cunningham, founder of the Scot branch of the Morvilles, is sometimes mixed up with [his son] Hugh II de Morville, Lord of Westmorland (d.1173/4), who participated in Beckett's murder.
m. Beatrice de Beauchamp. Issue:
- (disputed) Hugh II, Lord of Westmorland
- Maud m. William de Vieuxpont
- (possibly) Richard de Morville (d.1189)
- (disputed) Ada m. Roger Bertram
- (possibly) Simon (d. 1167) m. Ada de Engaine
- ↑ Von Zatzikhoven & Meyer, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 (disputed) Hugh II may have been a son of Simon de Morville, who held the barony of Burgh-by-Sands, Cumberland, in right of his mother, Ada, daughter of William de Engaine. On the other hand, both Simon and Hugh I may have been brothers (Wikipedia). Hugh II m. Helewise de Stuteville; Also see Von Zatzikhoven & Meyer, 2011
- ↑ p. UNKNOWN (Wikipedia)
- ↑ Wikipedia: Richard de Morville
- ↑ Ada was the sister of Hugh II (Wikipedia). Therefore, his disputed parentage also casts hers in doubt.
||Hugh I (Morville) de Morville is a member of royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 742-1499 Project
- Richards, D. (n.d.). Plantagenet Ancestry, (pp. 101). N.p. (GS #940 D2t)
- Baker's Northmp (vol 1 p. 544). N.p. (GS #Q942.55 H2ba)
- Dict. of National Biography, (Vol. 39, pp. 169). N.p. (GS #Ref 920.042 D561n)
- Wurts' Magna Charta vol 3 p. 490. N.p. (GS #942 D22w)
- The Battle Abbey Roll vol 2 p. 243-44. N.p. (GS #942 D2bb)
- Notes & Queries vol 2 p. 466. N.p. (GS #942 B2n)
- Peerage of Scotland, (Vol 1., pp. 613). N.p. (GS #Q941 D22d)
- Von Zatzikhoven, U. & Meyer, K.J. (2011). German Romance: Lanzelet. DS Brewer, (pp. x). Google Books
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Hugh I's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Darlene Athey-Hill, Michael Yeats, and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 9 May 2014 at 22:45 GMT Robert Keniston Jr. wrote:
Hugh I is 26 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 29 degrees from Ayn Rand, 28 degrees from Peter Roberts and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.