He died at the age of 103, on 31 March 1707, Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut.  He is buried in Center Street Cemetery, in Wallingford, Connecticut.
Per Torrey's Marriages prior to 1700, John. Moss married Abigail. Charles by 1639/40 in New Haven / Wallingford, Connecticut. According to Yates Publishing the marriage took place on 18 Jan 1636, New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut. 
FTW GEN JOHN WAS THE EMIGRANT AND A FOUNDER OF WALLINGFORD , CONN. John Moss was one of the first colonists to N e w Haven Colony, and signed the compact there in 1639 . H e was a representative to the General Court from New Haven for many years. He held the rank of Corporal and was one of the original purchasers of the town. He w a s also prominent in the establishment of the church. John joined with the magistrates and chief inhabitants of New Haven in urging permission to erect a village on our lands lieing above ye great plaine. Permission was granted 10-10-1667. For two years, the territory was prospected for an eligible site by John Moss, John Brokett , Abraham Doolittle and others, who suggested the site which was chosen for the village of Wallingford, CT. John Mos s had arrived in Boston 6 25 1637, with the Davenport Co . on the Hector. It is probable that he came from the vicinity of Wallingford, England, in Berks Co. about 10 miles from Oxford . At the time the General Court in Hartford named the town , John Moss was Deputy to its session. It i s presumed, therefore , that we owe the selection of the town's name to John Moss.
John was born about 1604 and died in 1707 in Wallingford aged 103. He came with the first colonists to New Haven and signed the compact there in 1639. He was a representative to the General Court from New Haven for many years. He held the rank of corporal and was one fo the original purchasers of the town. He was also prominent in the establishment of the church.
John Moss joined with the magistrates and chief inhabitants of New Haven in urging permission "to erect a village on our lands lieing above ye great plaine." Permission was granted October 10, 1667. For two years the territory was prospected for an eligible site by John Moss, John Brockett, Abraham Doolittle and others, who suggested the site which was later chosen. John Moss and John Brockett had come over together from England, arriving in Boston June 25, 1637, with the Davenport Company, on the "Hector."
It is probable they resided in the same vicinity, Wallingford, England, in the Berks County about 10 miles from Oxford. At the time the General Court in Hartford named the town, John Moss was Deputy to its session. It is presumed, therefore, that we owe the selection of the town's name to John Moss.
He was 67 in 1670. He had a lot at the south end of the village, adjoining his friend John Brockett and Samuel Brown. Failing to settle on it within the time limited, his title was forfeited, and committee handling such matters give it to John Moss, Jr.
The title "Mr." is often found before his name, which was a mark of respect in those days. It is said that Moss Rock here in Wallingford was named for him.[Moss.ftw]
John Moss (1603 or 1604-1707), a Puritan, was one of the earliest settlers of New Haven Colony. New Haven was founded in 1638 as a Puritan theocracy. In 1640 he signed a compact as one of the proprietors and planters of New Haven. He was a member of the first general court in 1639, 1648, 1649, and 1664. He was chosen corporal in 1642. John was elected commissioner eighteen times and it that capacity was authorized to perform marriage ceremonies, among other duties. He was named to committee to distribute commons lands. He headed a committee to organize a church, although in 1646 he was fined ten shillings for neglecting a church service. Occasionally he was appointed to defend the accused in civil court. Upon the union of New Haven with Connecticut in 1665, he was repeatedly appointed to attend the general court at Hartford, and was appointed a magistrate. In 1670 he was one of the incorporators of the city of Wallingford, which was set off from New Haven. He died in Wallingford when he was 103 years old.
Note: Donald L. Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, 1922-1932, 3 volumes
John was New Haven 1639, signed the original comp. 4 Jun 1643. He was representative 1667-1670, and then removed to Wallingford 1670, of which he was representative 1671-1673, yet continued as proprietor at New Haven, died aged 103, perhaps with slight exaggeration.
This person was created through the import of HOWE(1).ged on 08 April 2011.
WikiTree profile Moss-877 created through the import of Tree 22712.ged on May 10, 2012 by Pat Brooks. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Pat and others.
Thank you to Nova Weller for creating WikiTree profile Moss-1318 through the import of Weller_Side.GED on May 19, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Nova and others.
WikiTree profile Moss-601 created through the import of Maltby master 08282011.GED on Aug 30, 2011 by Harry Maltby. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Harry and others.
WikiTree profile Moss-864 created through the import of BANDFIELD-NORDMAN.ged on Apr 30, 2012 by Charmayne Bischel. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Charmayne and others.