23 May 1962. Braeside Church of England Maternity Hospital, Stanmore, NSW, Australia.
• Birth - 04 Aug 1964 - 9 Rodd Rd, Five Dock, NSW, Australia.
• From 04 Aug 1964 to September 1998 - 64 Hanbury St, Greystanes, NSW, Australia.
• From 1985 to 1987 - Harris Park, NSW, Australia.
• From 1987 to 1990 - Dalhousie St, Haberfield, NSW, Australia.
• From about 1997 to September 1998 - 4/8 Chandos St, Ashfield, NSW, Australia.
• From September 1998 to May 2001 - 20 Salerno St, Forestville, NSW, Australia.
• From May 2001 - 16 Epping Drive, Frenchs Forest, NSW, Australia.
• Infants & primary school - From January 1967 to December 1973 - Ringrose Public School, South Wentworthville, NSW, Australia.
• High school - From January 1974 to December 1979 - Holroyd High School, Greystanes, NSW, Australia.
• Bachelor of Arts (Literature & Linguistics) - From February 1980 to November 1983 - Macquarie University, North Ryde, NSW, Australia.
• Diploma of Naturopathy - From February 1984 to November 1987 - NSW College of Natural Therapies, Glebe, NSW, Australia.
• Master of Arts (Gastronomy) - From 2001 to 2003 - University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia.
• From 1977 to 1979 - worked front counter - McDonald's, Merrylands West, NSW, Australia.
• 1979 - Packed bags at checkout - Coles Supermarket, Merrylands Mall, Merrylands, NSW, Australia.
• From about 1981 to 1982 - shop assistant - French Patisserie - Westfield Parramatta, Parramatta, NSW, Australia.
• From about 1981 to about 1985 - waitressing (various).
• About 1984 - Consultant at Jenny Craig, Castle Hill, NSW, Australia.
• From December 1984 to December 1987 - Promotions/Breakfast Manager - McDonalds, Auburn, NSW, Australia.
• From January 1988 to July 1988 - Ran weight loss/quit smoking/relaxation centre - Bad Habits, Liverpool, NSW, Australia.
• From December 1988 to June 1989 - Ran weight loss clinic - Nature's Way, Macquarie St, Parramatta, NSW, Australia.
• From June 1989 to January 1990 - Naturopath Consultant/Sales Rep - Health World, Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
• From February 1990 to July 1990 - Merchandising for crisps division of Coca-Cola Amatil, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
• From April 1991 to November 1995 - Sales Rep then Office Manager then Sales Manager - Summertime Chickens, Galston, NSW, Australia.
• From November 1995 to July 1997 - NSW Chain Retail Manager - Butterfields Pty Ltd (King Island Dairy), Gardeners Rd, Alexandria, NSW, Australia.
• From 1997 - Food-Beverage-Travel writer. • http://www.food-wine-travel.com/articles-roberta-muir/
• From 01 Aug 1997 - Manager, Sydney Seafood School, Sydney Fish Market, Pyrmont, NSW, Australia.
• From 2000. Restaurant reviewer: Australian Gourmet Traveller Restaurant Guide (2004 – current); The Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide (2005 – 2010); Sydney Eats (previously Cheap Eats 2000-2004); Judging Restaurant & Catering Industry Association awards (2000-2004).
• From 2006 - Author - cookbooks and food books: A Lombardian Cookbook, co-written with Alessandro Pavoni (Penguin, 2014); Sydney Seafood School Cookbook (Penguin, 2012); A Sardinian Cookbook, co-written with Giovanni Pilu (Penguin, 2012); 500 Cheese (New Holland, 2010) – also UK, USA, Singaporean, Italian, Brazilian & Dutch editions; Wild Weed Pie (Penguin, 2006) – writer’s assistant to Janni Kyritsis.
• 2GB weekly restaurant review segment with Chris Smith (2003 - 2005); other occasional radio interviews 2GB, 2UE, ABC, etc….
Engagement: 24 Dec 1999.
Marriage: 11 Nov 2000. Chinta Ria Restaurant, Cockle Bay, Sydney, NSW, Australia. Husband Franz Scheurer.
Website/Newsletter For more information see Roberta’s weekly Food-Wine-Travel newsletter and website www.food-wine-travel.com
Better Homes & Garden article (2011)
For their sixth wedding anniversary, Roberta Muir gave her husband a barbecue. It was especially apt: not only was iron/metal the traditional gift for that year, but the couple share a serious love of cooking. Roberta is a cookbook author and the manager of Sydney Seafood School, at Sydney Fish Market, while husband Franz Scheurer is a food writer. Today, the barbecue sizzles proudly in their outdoor kitchen, the hub of an inviting yard complete with dining patio, daybed lounge area and wood-fired oven. It wasn't always this way. When they moved in 10 years ago there were sparse garden beds and stony ground. So they embarked on renovating the yard in stages. The beautiful result is a series of outdoor "rooms" framed overhead by old citrus trees, plus an olive tree Roberta planted when they moved in. "It was a symbolic housewarming gift to ourselves - a wish for a peaceful life in this house." And that they've had, along with many happy times. Friends often gather around the outdoor table and lately have enjoyed recipe testings, as Roberta has been working on two titles: "A Sardinian Cookbook", with chef Giovanni Pilu, and the "Sydney Seafood School Cookbook", a compilation of chefs' recipes (both due out next year from Lantern).
"When we first moved to 64 Hanbury Street the laundry was a separate room off the back veranda (on the other side of the kitchen wall – we later extended the kitchen in to this room). Mum washed in an old fashioned copper cauldron which was (I think) powered by gas. One day, when I was about 3 years old, I went out to the laundry and started chatting to her while she was washing - I leaned my hand against the copper, which was on, and sustained third-degree burns (I don't remember this - but Mum always talked about it). Poor Mum would have had to drop everything and get me to the doctor - we had no phone and no car - so she probably relied on a neighbour. Apparently the blister puffed up on my hand and the doctor had to cut the burnt skin off it." (Roberta Muir, 2013).
’Legitimising’ our Births
Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages.
Department of Service New South Wales.
Mr. A Muir, 64 Hanbury St, South Wentworthville. N.S.W. 2145.
6th April 1976.
In reply please quote AE:PCB.
The birth of each child mentioned hereunder has been registered as the legitimate child of its parents. Should a birth certificate be required at any time, it will be necessary for application to be made to the Registry of Birth, Deaths and Marriages at the above mentioned address -- and not to a local registrar.
Name of Child.
Roberta Ann MUIR.
Michelle Mary MUIR.
John Angus MUIR.
Monique Sarah MUIR.
(signed J. B. Holliday).
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Roberta is 24 degrees from John James Audubon, 31 degrees from Jacques-Yves Cousteau, 31 degrees from Gerald Durrell, 23 degrees from Dian Fossey, 21 degrees from Steve Irwin, 35 degrees from Ernest Just, 25 degrees from Ian Player, 20 degrees from Peter Scott, 36 degrees from Antoon van Hooff and 23 degrees from Marta Johnson on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.