- Becky (Nally) Syphers's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: WikiTree Leaders | US Presidents Project | Puritan Great Migration Project | Profile Improvement Project | Mayflower Project | Mayflower Ancestors User Group | Mayflower Descendants On WikiTree | Bartlett Name Study Team | MatchBot MPs.
As a girl, Becky was called "Sally Nally" by most of her family. According to Ted Whittenkraus, "Rebecca acquired the nickname of Sally because it sounded funny to call her Sally Nally. It never sounded all that funny to her and she much prefers the more formal." Her mom told me that her siblings teased her that if she married Bill Nally, her first child would have to be named "Sally".
Born during World War II in the south, where her parents were living. A little while later, Beck and the baby Sally got on a train bound for Worcester. Bill and the family dog followed. They lived for a while with the extended family, where Sally was very spoiled. About 3 years later the family moved to their own house up the street.
She graduated from Classical High School (Worcester) in 1962 and from Bates College in 1966. Her formal education includes 30 hours of graduate studies. Three years of teaching math followed her college graduation. About 1970 she relocated to Hartford, CT and was employed by Travelers Insurance Company off and on until her retirement in 2005.
She has been married for over 40 years. She and her husband had 2 children, one of whom is now deceased, and two grandchildren. Her husband is an avid motorcycle racer. She and her husband are active in their church and other community organizations.
Her interest in genealogy started at about age 12, and has been a continuing interest through out her life.
- Maternal relationship is confirmed with a 23andMe test match between Chris Whitten and Rebecca, first cousins once removed. Predicted relationship from 23andMe: "1st to 2nd Cousin based on 6.68% DNA shared across 21 segments."
- Becky's formal name
- full middle name (E.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- personal memories about Becky (1)
- images (12)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Becky is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- Name of Mayflower Passenger
- Family Name - my mother's side
- Name of Mayflower Family
- Mayflower Family Name
- Family Name on my husbands side
- Data base error project to fix profile errors
- Mayflower Family Name
- Mayflower Family Name
- Another Mayflower Name
- Most of my father's ancestry is Irish
- WikiTree Job
- Check for merges
- Project where I spend the most time.
- My Last Name at Birth
- Project where I have many ancsetors.
- Very interesting project
- Daily Activity
- Grandparent's Family Name
- My current surname, Husband's family
Becky Syphers's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Becky or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Becky:
- Chris Whitten : 23andMe + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A820770, Ancestry member ciwhitten + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #330041
- Ted (Whitten) Whittenkraus : 23andMe
- Becky (Nally) Syphers: 23andMe
- Hollis Bartlett : AncestryDNA, Ancestry member hbartlett72814
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Becky. (Best for comments to Becky that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Becky that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 22 Mar 2017 at 07:34 GMT Valerie Sizemore wrote:
On 19 Mar 2017 at 21:40 GMT Edie (Nibling) Kohutek wrote:
On 18 Mar 2017 at 05:00 GMT Lynn Patterson wrote:
On 8 Mar 2017 at 17:37 GMT April (Dellinger) Dauenhauer wrote:
There were birth-death etc text paragraphs at the bottom of Elizabeth's bio section from a merge. I put them right after the existing section (with lines to separate) and will get back to combining them asap.
This is all just fyi, the question is in the pm.
Thank you for all you do on Mayflower!!
On 7 Mar 2017 at 19:43 GMT Michael Hervey wrote:
On 21 Feb 2017 at 17:11 GMT Jeannette Seward wrote:
Relationships are based on shared ancestry. The first common ancestor we found for Becky (Nally) Syphers and Jeannette Seward is Henry Rice."
On 27 Jan 2017 at 18:43 GMT Joseph (Johnson Jr) Johnson Jr wrote:
On 21 Jan 2017 at 19:55 GMT Alice Green wrote:
Many thanks, Alice
On 20 Jan 2017 at 13:44 GMT Michael Hervey wrote:
On 18 Jan 2017 at 19:23 GMT Jerri (Thorpe) McCoy wrote:
I would like to join the Mayflower Project. Would you please add the Mayflower Project badge to my profile? ~Jerri