- Sybil, Sibyl (Normandie) Scotland's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Sybilla of Normandy (1092 – 12 or 13 Jul 1122)
- Queen consort of Scotland
- b. c. 1092 in Domfront, Normandy
- d. 12 or 13 Jul 1122 (Eilean nan Bannoamh: "Isle of the female saints") Loch Tay
- Burial: Dunfermline Abbey.
- p. Henry I of England and Sybilla Corbet of Alcester (1077 - aft 1157).
- Maternal grandfather: Robert, Count of Mortain, Earl of Cornwall.
- m. abt 1107 Alexander I, King of Scots. No issue.
- Royal Ancestry by Douglas Richardson Vol. I page 17
- Not to be confused with Sybilla of Falaise who's mother is unknown. See Alison Weir.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Sybil, Sibyl's ancestors' mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Chet Spencer, Lindsay Coleman, and Adam McQuery. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 25 Sep 2013 at 01:14 GMT Michelle (Gerard) Hartley wrote:
On 25 Sep 2013 at 01:08 GMT Tony Tietz wrote:
(1092 – 12 or 13 July 1122) was Queen consort of Scotland, wife to Alexander I.
Sybil, Sibyl is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 33 degrees from Bob Dylan, 27 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Michael Phelps and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.