- Unknown (Ossory) of Scotland's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Very little is known of this person. Historical records do not identify the wife of King Malcolm II of Scotland. There is some evidence to suggest she was from Ossory, Ireland. As she married a king it is likely she is a highborn lady from the Kingdon of Ossory but even this is not certain.
Some genealogists have put forth Sigurd I Magnusson (c. 1090 – 26 March 1130) as her father. Sigurd's wife, Blathmin Ní Briain, also called Blathmin Ua Briain or Blathmin O'Brien, being an Irish princess. This latter claim does not make sense as Malcolm was dead by 1034, long before Sigurd was born.
Others suggest that Malcolm's wife was a daughter of Brian Boru (c. 941 – 23 April 1014), a famous King of Ireland. While this is at least possible, no one has as yet put forth any proof of this.
Possibly named Aelgifu.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Unknown's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Ted Williams, and Jay Bretzin. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Oct 2016 at 15:33 GMT Marty (Lenover) Acks wrote:
On 1 Oct 2016 at 04:44 GMT Marty (Lenover) Acks wrote:
On 24 Dec 2015 at 06:28 GMT Katherine (Alvis) Patterson wrote:
On 24 Nov 2015 at 03:49 GMT RJ Horace wrote:
Note all the names and dates are invented. Nothing is known except that somebody was the mother of Malcolm's child.
On 24 Nov 2015 at 03:45 GMT RJ Horace wrote:
Unknown is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 30 degrees from Ayn Rand, 30 degrees from Peter Roberts and 26 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.