- Edward Oursler's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of Shortened files.ged on 30 December 2010. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Date: 6 Feb 1745/6
- Place: Baltimore, Baltimore Co MD
Imported only 6 Feb 1745 from Birth Date and marked as uncertain.
- Note: @N8588@
- @N8588@ NOTE
- Edward went back to England, married there, and was not in his father's will. Joan's brother was Samuel Drew, a famous Cornish metaphysician. Edward died in the West Indies from a wound. One son was killed in action with a French Privateer; one son drowned near Falmouth. A grandson died of yellow fever in the West Indies.
- EDWARD OURSLER (EDWARD, EDWARD OSTLER, THOMAS, THOMAS, RICHARD OUSLEY, SIR JOHN, RICHARD, SIR THOMAS, THE HOUSE OF OSLER) was born 6 Feb 1745/46. He married JOAN/JanE DREW.
- Notes for EDWARD OURSLER:
- Edward went back to England, married there, and was not in his father's will. Joans brother was Samuel Drew, a famous Cornish metaphysician. Edward died in the West Indies from a wound. One son was killed in action with a French Privateer; one son drowned near Falmouth. A grandson died of yellow fever in the West Indies.
- Edward (2) Oser -This son returned to England. He married Joan/Jane Drew and fathered and grandfathered several illustrious Oslers, among them Sir William Osler the renouned physician, an English Navy surgeon, brilliant lawyers and judges, two missionaries to Canada, and Benjamin Osler, who led settlers to South Africa, ,and whose descendents settled In the Unlted States, England, Australla and New Zealand. Edward (2) died in the West Indies from effects of a wound. The Oslers were known for their strongly developed family trait of being hard-headed men of business and venturesome merchants, traveling fearlessly to many parts of the world.
- Children of EDWARD OURSLER and Joan/Jane DREW are:
- JOHN OURSLER, b. October 11, 1765. No children
- EDWARD OSLER, b. June 26, 1768.
- JANE OURSLER, b. June 30, 1771.
- RICHARD OURSLER, b. June 9, 1773.
- BENJAMIN OURSLER, b. March 29, 1775.
- SAMUEL OURSLER, b. July 5, 1776.
- User ID: 622C26A4A68342DF829A6A71A5CAF8676730
- Data Changed:
- Date: 21 AUG 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 21 AUG 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Edward by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Edward:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Edward is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 28 degrees from Bob Dylan, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 25 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.