[private son (unknown - unknown)] and
[private daughter (unknown - unknown)]
Profile last modified 18 May 2020
| Created 16 Nov 2014
This page has been accessed 2,879 times.
Arthur Charles Owen was born in Cape Tormentime, New Brunswick, the third of five children of William Lee Owen and Edythe May Oulton. The job transfers of his father meant he attended school in Montreal, Kentville, Hartland and Rothesay Collegiate before moving on to Queen's University (B. Sc. (Eng)) and the University of Waterloo (M. Math.).
Following his marriage to Barbara Annette LeBlanc in St. Jerome, Quebec, they moved to Ottawa, ON where their two children, Megan Anne Owen and David Lee Owen were born.
Arthur was initially employed by Systems Dimensions Limited (SDL) as a Systems Programmer and later as Manager, Hardware Support. Following the purchase of SDL and merger with DataCrown, Arthur left the company and was employed by Technitronic and then DMR & Associates before becoming a self-employed IT Consultant. He is now retired.
Arthur got interested in genealogy while at university and over the years, with the assistance of many cousins, has worked on researching his ancestors as well as all descendants of five ancestral couples, namely:
Most of this research is available on his website Our Maritime Ties.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed through Y-chromosome DNA testing. David Owen and Arthur Owen match on 37 out of 37 markers (see YSearch IDs 4WVRU and 9M2AB) thereby confirming their direct paternal lines back to their MRCA Arthur Owen.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Arthur's formal name
- full middle name (C.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Arthur Owen's full information you must be on Arthur's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Arthur is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Emil Bostrom is my great grandfather and changed his name from Emmanuel Swensson when he came to Minnesota from Sweden in the 1860's. Interested in all of his descendants.
- Have done Y and mt tests at FTDNA and autosomal tests at FTDNA, 23and me and AncestryDNA.
- My Oulton family was initially from Tarporley, Cheshire. Charity (Bellamy) Oulton came to the Chignecto Isthmus (NS-NB border area) ca 1769 with her son Charles. I am interested in all descendants of Charles Oulton and his wife, Abigail Fillmore.
- Interested in all descendants of Arthur Owen and Elizabeth Lee who came to PEI in 1790 from Topsham, Devon. Y haplogroup G, thus no apparent connection to most Owen families from Wales.
- Interested in all descendants of Jesse Strang and Sarah Wright. Jesse was a Loyalist and came to PEI with his mother, Mary (Strang) Silliker.
Arthur Owen's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Arthur or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Arthur Owen:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup G-L177, FTDNA kit #165074
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Arthur Owen:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup H1, FTDNA kit #165074
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Arthur:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.