- James Owens Jr's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I was born at an early age in the time between Japan's surrender in World War II and the signing of the surrender documents, an idea conceived Thanksgiving 1944. I have had a lucky, if uninteresting, life. I did not fulfill my own dreams: no Nobel Prize, no Ph.D. I have not dared enough.
- First-hand information. Entered by James Owens at registration. There are also a large number of jpg and pdf files for the members of my family tree that have been made from records on microfilm at the Mormon Family History Library and at the US Archives. I wish there were an easy way to download these, like downloading the GedCom file for the tree.
This family tree is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Occupation: Biochemist, retired from NIH
- Education: B.S. College Of The Holy Cross, 1967; M.S. Purdue University, 1971
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Note: #N74
- User ID: 37A9542F0B20473B875BACBE6E3899EF8A03
- Data Changed:
- Date: 23 AUG 2004
Prior to import, this record was last changed 23 AUG 2004.
- WikiTree profile Owens-1511 created through the import of Raimondi-Owens Oct 2012.ged on Oct 24, 2012 by Jim Owens. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jim and others.
- Note N74
- The I and me in the notes of all people in this family file.
- Harmless mostly.
- James's formal name
- full middle name (D.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
James is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
James Owens's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with James or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- James Owens: Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test
- James Owens: AncestryDNA
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to James. (Best for comments to James that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about James that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 4 Jul 2015 at 22:03 GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
I'd like to invite you to join in the "Weekend Chat" on G2G Today!
Share personal successes, stories about ancestors, tips, projects you are working on, or anything esle you wish.
New members stop in and say Hello, introduce yourself, share your story, or ask for help.
Pilots, Mentors, and Leaders of all kinds please add something... your advice is always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you there!
On 17 Dec 2013 at 22:29 GMT Nancy Elder wrote:
The Dorsey Family, by Dorsey, Maxwell J. and others 1947 Baltimore, Maryland, Reprinted in 2006 by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (With ELDER names in Maryland)
Dorsey book full text in Google Books http://tinyurl.com/2a4ng69
---Nancy Elder Petersen Host, ELDER DNA project http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Elder
On 23 Oct 2012 at 10:15 GMT Erin Breen wrote:
On 22 Oct 2012 at 21:08 GMT James Owens Jr wrote:
My mother's family is from Sicily with a hint that it can be traced back to about 1400 in Sicily.
My father's family has many lines that go back to colonial times in Virginia and Maryland.
On 11 Oct 2012 at 15:29 GMT Maggie N. wrote:
On 10 Oct 2012 at 20:23 GMT Maggie N. wrote:
- someone may be able to point you in the right direction.
On 8 Oct 2012 at 16:00 GMT Maggie N. wrote:
If you'd like to contribute your family's tree, post a comment, and we would be glad to confirm your intention to be a part of the WikiTree Community if you read the honor code Honor Code.
On 5 Oct 2012 at 13:05 GMT Maggie N. wrote:
Welcome to WikiTree!