Christine (Parish) Randall
Profile last modified 21 Feb 2020
| Created 2 Sep 2017 | Last significant change: 1 Feb 2020
This page has been accessed 2,339 times.
In 1955, when I was born, my father worked in the pine plantations surrounding Mount Gambier. We moved often as Dad followed work, so my schooling was spread across the Wimmera and Western Districts of Victoria.
In 1972, I undertook training as an Enrolled Nurse in the hospital where I was born. As I was being driven to and fro on my free weekends, I loved seeing the pines the same age as me. Sadly, they have been cut down now and the site replanted.
I have two children from my first marriage, and three step-sons from my second. I live in Central Victoria, with my husband.
Without delving into family history, I would never have discovered that my husband is my sixth cousin. I had to look very hard for matching DNA. It was there, but very tiny - and only found after changing the defaults on GEDmatch.
I've come to WikiTree to share freely, as I have always done with the many cousins who have come and gone in my life. Like those pines - my time is coming.  
Research Notes: DNA Confirmations
I'm on the lookout for WikiTree cousins, no matter how distant, who share DNA with me. Let's get together to earn those coveted DNA confirmation tags!
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by a GEDmatch test match between me, Christine (Parish) Randall GEDmatch A708096 and my paternal aunt Beryl Parish GEDmatch YG5762742. Our most-recent common ancestors are Leslie Parish and Maisie Crute who are my known paternal grandparents and my Aunt Beryl's parents. Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 1.5, based on sharing 1739.7 cM across 53 segments.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between me, Christine (Parish) Randall GEDmatch A708096 and my paternal aunt, Beryl Parish GEDmatch YG5762742. Our most-recent common ancestors being Leslie Parish and Maisie Crute who are my known paternal grandparents and my Aunt Beryl's parents. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: Close Family–1st Cousin based on sharing 1,633 cM across 61 segments; Confidence: 99% chance (Grandparent, Grandchild, Half sibling, Aunt/uncle, Niece/nephew)
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by an AncestryDNA test match between Christine (Parish) Randall and a known first cousin (J.S.) Their most-recent common ancestors are their known grandparents, Robert Holland aka Drummond and Millie Whiley. Predicted relationship from AncestryDNA: 1st–2nd Cousin, based on sharing 759 cM across 37 segments; Confidence: 93% for Ist Cousins.
Christine's To Do List
- ↑ South Australian Birth Certificate: in possession of Christine Randall (nee Parish), showing date and place of birth, parent's names, ages, and occupations, and residence.
- ↑ First-hand information entered by Christine Parish at registration. Updated 30 November 2017
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Christine's formal name
- full middle name (J.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Christine Randall's full information you must be on Christine's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Christine is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- I have some Australian resources on hand to help with sourcery on the larger Tree
- My paternal grandmother mother's line, to Australia, from Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire, England
- My paternal grandmother's father's line - descended from William Ferguson and Ellen Tompkins - from Ireland to Australia, convicts
- My maternal line. Grandad was born in Bolton, Lancashire, England - born of Irish stock.
- My paternal line, free settlers in Australia - hailing from Caldecote, Cambridgeshire, England
- My husband's paternal line - to Australia, from Harwich, Essex, England
- Husband's maternal line - to Australia, from Dartmouth, Devonshire, England
Christine Randall's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Christine or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Christine:
- Christine (Parish) Randall:
AncestryDNA, GEDmatch A708096 [compare], Ancestry member Christine_R_338
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.