Not much is known about John Partridge, laborer, of Olney, Buckinghamshire. The date of his birth is based solely on the estimated date of his son William's birth. He could possibly been older.
What we know of him comes from his nuncupative (spoken/deathbed) will. In this will he leaves his estate, first to his wife Frances and then upon her death to the children of his children: William Partridge and Jane Partridge Gaines, both of whom immigrated to New England. He mentions no land or houses in his will only goods, cattle, chattel and debt. 
His estate left on about 5 pounds to his grandchildren. 
Other John Partridges
There was a family of Partridges that lived in London and Navistock, Essex who descended from Bartholomew Partridge and his wife Pernell. These men were also Citizens and Cutlers in London. They are not related to the Olney, Buckinghamshire Partridges. 
John Partridge of Olney was not married to Jane Hogg in London.
- ↑ Elizabeth French, "Genealogical Gleanings in England," The New England Historic and Genealogical Register, Vol. 63 (July 1909) 283.
- ↑ Homer Worthington Brainard, "Henry Gaines of Lynn Mass and Some of his Descendants," The New England Historic and Genealogical Register, Vol. 85 (January 1931) 30.
- ↑ http://www.jeaniesgenealogy.com/2016/09/john-partridge-of-navestock-essex-not.html
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Carole Partridge and Jeanie Thornton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 16 Sep 2016 at 21:01 GMT Jeanie Thornton wrote:
On 26 Jan 2016 at 19:28 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
John is 16 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 19 degrees from Ayn Rand, 18 degrees from Peter Roberts and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.