- John Patteson's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
John was born about 1824. John Patteson ... He passed away about 1864. 
John DLF, his brother William and his nephew John R enlisted in the Confederate Army on 19 May 1862. 2nd Co. B. 46th Regiment Virginia Infantry Wise Legion. John DLF became a 2nd Lieutenant. At the battle of Petersburg under heavy firing John DLF saw his nephew John R. shot and went to him. John R. was 18 yrs old. John DLF put his bandanna over his face and then he was shot in the abdomen. He was taken to the Petersburg Hospital where he died. He was buried at his home, The Rosebower Plantation, at the time was worth about $20,720.00 A considerable sum for that time
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
John is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 39 degrees from Bob Dylan, 32 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 29 degrees from Michael Phelps and 32 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.