- William Pennington's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
William was born in 1841. William Pennington ... He passed away in 1929.
Married Rebecca "Becky" Asher on Jan 17 1861 Clay Co , KY
Timeline of Life Events
During the 1850 United States Census, 1. Levi Pennington (age 40, born in NC), is living in Perry county, part of, Perry, Kentucky, with his wife, 2. Nancy Pennington (age 38, born in NC), and
3. Rebecca Pennington (Daughter, age 14, born in NC)
4. Timmothy Pennington (Son, age 12, born in NC)
5. William Pennington (Son, age 8, born in NC)
6. Anny Pennington (Daughter, age 7, born in NC)
7. Felix Pennington (Son, age 4, born in NC)
8. James Pennington (Son, age 2, born in NC)
Levi and Nancy are living in Perry County, KY. Levi's occupation is "Farmer". His Real Estate is valued at $500.
During the 1860 United States Census HH #365, 1. Levi Pennington (age 49, born in NC), is living in Clay, Kentucky, with his wife, 2. Wina Pennington (age 48, born in Perry Co, KY), and
3. Timothy Pennington (Son, age 21, born in Perry Co, KY)
4. William Pennington (Son, age 19, born in Perry Co, KY)
5. Annie Pennington (Daughter, age 17, born in Perry Co, KY)
6. Felix Pennington (Son, age 14, born in Perry Co, KY)
7. James Pennington (Son, age 12, born in Perry Co, KY)
8. Samuel Pennington (Son, age 9, born in Perry Co, KY)
9. Rachel Pennington (Daughter, age 6, born in Perry Co, KY)
10. Nancy Pennington (Daughter, age 4, born in Perry Co, KY)
11. Matilda Pennington (Daughter, age 4, born in Perry Co, KY)
12. Polly Lewis (Wina's mother, age 73, born in NC)
13. Nelly Lewis (F, age36, born in Perry Co, KY)
Levi and Winnie are living in Clay County, KY. The Postal Office is located in Flat Creek. Levi's occupation is "Farmer", Timothy and William are "Farm Labor" and Annie is "House and Farm". Levi's Real Estate is valued at $1,300. , and his Personal Estate at $500. Timothy's Personal Estate is valued at $100. Levi, Winnie, Timothy and Felix cannot read and write. William ?can? read and write. William, Felix, James, Samuel, and Rachel attended school during the year.
Neighbors that may be related:
HH #362 is Judah Lewis (age 32), his wife, Rebecca, children Sylvania, Lyzona (Luana), and Polly Jane.
HH #369 Cloa Lewis (age 19) is living in the home of William Morgan, Nancy and their family.
1880 Leslie Co., Ky. Census, page 507b, #58-58 William 39, Rebecca 42, Sallie 18, Felix 16, John 15, Winney 13, Martha 11, Luther 9, James 7, Joshua 6, Dill 4, Annie 3. Emily Asher (18?) is listed with the family as a Servant.
William's sister Annie married Rebecca's brother Henry
- Sallie Pennington 1862
- Felix Pennington 1863
- John Pennington 1865
- Winnie Pennington Hayre 1867
- Martha Pennington 1869
- Luther Pennington 1871
- James Pennington 1870
- Joshua Pennington 1874
- Dill Pennington 1875
- William Pennington 1876
- Annie Penningon Hayor 1877
- Farris Pennington 1885
- 1850 US Census: ["United States Census, 1850," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M65V-CL4 : 9 November 2014), Levi Pennington, Perry county, part of, Perry, Kentucky, United States; citing family 60, NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).]
- 1860 US Census: ["United States Census, 1860", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZBR-QHK : 30 December 2015), Polly Lewis in entry for Levi Pennington, 1860.]
- Find A Grave Memorial # 103543739
- PRA Group 31
- Sources; Sadie W. Stidham, Route 4, Box 197, Corbin, KY 40701
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with William:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Richard Carle and Tam X. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 26 May 2016 at 12:17 GMT Walter Treichel wrote:
William is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 14 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.