I have been tested at both 23andMe and FamilyTreeDNA. The 23andMe test includes SNP test of yDNA, mtDNA, and auDNA. My FamilyTreeDNA test only includes 111 STRs on the yDNA.
Below, I have included a complete description of my SNP test results, along with the progression through that haplogroup tree. This is so that others can compare their haplogroup branch to my haplogroup branch. As long as we use that latest haplogroup trees, this should tell us how closely we are related (or not at all). This only works along Maternal or Paternal lines, but that may include thousands of people. This will allow us to find errors in the genealogy in WikiTree and also allow us to discover so-called "Non Paternal Events" (NPE)
Rick Pierpont's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Rick or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup R-S4056, FTDNA kit #364331 +
Y-Chromosome Test, haplogroup R-S29
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup J2a1a1a2, FTDNA kit #364331 +
Mitochondrial DNA Test Other, haplogroup J2a1a1b
I just found your YouTube video on sources, and just wanted to thank you for the help - I was NOT aware of the sources category, nor was I aware of the link capabilities of Google's Books area - which I really NEEDED as I'm doing a study that references several books. So THANK YOU!
Hello Rick. According to the Relationship Finder we are 7th Cousins, twice removed. Samuel Couch is your 8th Great-Grandfather and my 6th. I Believe we may also be connected through Elizabeth ( Couch ) Taylor, wife of Rueben Taylor. I would love to here from you about our Couch Connections as , other than using the Relationship Finder I have difficulty figuring out the whole DNA Connections as well as Family Connections. There may also be a Connection through Hurlburt as I Know I have some in my Family Tree on Ancestry.com I Look Forward to hearing from you when you have time.
Rick and Enrique Treat are 7th cousins
Rick Pierpont and Enrique Treat (Gleason Gleeson) Gleason Aguiluz Esq. are both descendants of Nathaniel Gardiner.
1. Rick is the son of Joan (Greene) Pierpont DNA confirmed
2. Joan is the daughter of Lester Wilton Greene [confident]
3. Lester is the son of Charles Thruston Greene [confident]
4. Charles is the son of George Sears Greene [confident]
5. George is the son of Caleb Greene Jr. [confident]
6. Caleb is the son of Mary (Tibbitts) Greene [confident]
7. Mary is the daughter of Dorcus Gardiner [unknown confidence]
8. Dorcus is the daughter of Nathaniel Gardiner [unknown confidence]
This makes Nathaniel the sixth great grandfather of Rick.
1. Enrique Treat is the son of Fred Trent Gleason [confident]
2. Fred is the son of Frederick Treat Gleason [unknown confidence]
3. Frederick is the son of Emma S. (Treat) Gleason [unknown confidence]
4. Emma is the daughter of Mary J. Gardner [unknown confidence]
5. Mary is the daughter of Samuel H. Gardner [unknown confidence]
6. Samuel is the son of Samuel (Gardiner) Gardner [unknown confidence]
7. Samuel is the son of Job Gardiner [unknown confidence]
8. Job is the son of Nathaniel Gardiner [unknown confidence]
This makes Nathaniel the sixth great grandfather of Enrique Treat.