I have been tested at both 23andMe and FamilyTreeDNA. The 23andMe test includes SNP test of yDNA, mtDNA, and auDNA. My FamilyTreeDNA test only includes 111 STRs on the yDNA.
Below, I have included a complete description of my SNP test results, along with the progression through that haplogroup tree. This is so that others can compare their haplogroup branch to my haplogroup branch. As long as we use that latest haplogroup trees, this should tell us how closely we are related (or not at all). This only works along Maternal or Paternal lines, but that may include thousands of people. This will allow us to find errors in the genealogy in WikiTree and also allow us to discover so-called "Non Paternal Events" (NPE)
Rick Pierpont's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Rick or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 111 markers, haplogroup R-S4056, Ysearch Q98QJ, FTDNA kit #364331 +
Y-Chromosome Test, haplogroup R-S29
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup J2a1a1a2, FTDNA kit #364331 +
Mitochondrial DNA Test Other, haplogroup J2a1a1b
Rick and Enrique Treat are 7th cousins
Rick Pierpont and Enrique Treat (Gleason Gleeson) Gleason Aguiluz Esq. are both descendants of Nathaniel Gardiner.
1. Rick is the son of Joan (Greene) Pierpont DNA confirmed
2. Joan is the daughter of Lester Wilton Greene [confident]
3. Lester is the son of Charles Thruston Greene [confident]
4. Charles is the son of George Sears Greene [confident]
5. George is the son of Caleb Greene Jr. [confident]
6. Caleb is the son of Mary (Tibbitts) Greene [confident]
7. Mary is the daughter of Dorcus Gardiner [unknown confidence]
8. Dorcus is the daughter of Nathaniel Gardiner [unknown confidence]
This makes Nathaniel the sixth great grandfather of Rick.
1. Enrique Treat is the son of Fred Trent Gleason [confident]
2. Fred is the son of Frederick Treat Gleason [unknown confidence]
3. Frederick is the son of Emma S. (Treat) Gleason [unknown confidence]
4. Emma is the daughter of Mary J. Gardner [unknown confidence]
5. Mary is the daughter of Samuel H. Gardner [unknown confidence]
6. Samuel is the son of Samuel (Gardiner) Gardner [unknown confidence]
7. Samuel is the son of Job Gardiner [unknown confidence]
8. Job is the son of Nathaniel Gardiner [unknown confidence]
This makes Nathaniel the sixth great grandfather of Enrique Treat.
Hi Rick. In July of last year you added parents to John Robinson. I see the sources, for the birth, but couldn't quite make the connection to this being the same John Robinson married to Hannah Wiswall. Hannah is currently attached to two different John Robinsons. Can you take a look?
Rick my ancestors are from the Kemp-Camp and Campe and my records have that Mary Farmer Campe is one of my kin and was married to William Campe from England born in 1559 and married in 1584 in England . My source is from GEDCOM Ancestral files v4. 19 from the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Hi Rick. I see you've changed Elizabeth Gannett's profile recently. The possibility that she had a son William Leverett (by Hudson) is crucial to connecting our line to the famous governor of the colony. I'm wondering if that's what you added and, if so, where you learned it. Thanks!
HI. Me again. My gift for clarity seems to have deserted me. Found your name on the England project. I thought it would be helpful to have the information somewhere on the project. I suspect there are thousands of the certificates out there from pre-Ancestry days and it would be helpful if people knew they could post them. I know my collection will head straight to the tip when I pass on and they were expensive. Perhaps I should have talked to someone else.