- Francis Pitre's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Pitre Experimental Name Study Note: Further research is required to locate primary documents to satisfy Wikitree source standards for this info from MyHeritage. Some research documents are shown below.
Francis Peters Or Pitre 1773 - 1873
Birth: Jan 10 1773 Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA
Marriage: Nov 14 1814 Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA
Death: Apr 7 1873 Grosse Point, Wayne, Michigan, USA
Parents: Jean Baptiste Pitre 1752-1834 Francoise Anne Cosme 1753 - 1783
Wife: Veronica Peters Or Petre (Rivard) 1791 - 1870
- Francis Peters/ Petre 1816 - 1880
- John Baptist Peters (Pitre) 1819 - ?
- Louis Lewis Lambert Peters (Pitre) 1820 - 1912
- Lambert Pitre 1823 - 1873
- Veronica Peters (Pitre) 1824 - 1881
- Samuel Toussaint Peters (Pitre) 1826 - 1887
- Irene Peters (Pitre) 1828 - 1829
- Antoine Pitre 1830 - 1880
- Anthony Peters (Pitre) 1830 - ?
- Richard Pitre 1833 - 1863
- Charles Pitre 1835 - 1836 
- 1860 Census: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MWDC-2CD
- Francis Pitre at Find A Grave.
Notes for Francois Pitre:
Francois Pitre was the 7th and last child of Jean Baptiste Pitre and his first wife Marie Francoise 'Marianne' St. Cosme. The registers of Ste. Anne (Fort Pontchartrain, Detroit) contain his parents' marriage and the baptisms of his first four siblings. The baptisms of the next two children were recorded in the registers of l'Assomption, Sandwich, Essex, Ontario. Based on the spread of his siblings' births the most likely time of his birth is from the end of 1781 through August 1783 (his mother's death). I have been unable to locate his baptism in either the Ste. Anne registers or l'Assomption registers.
Some of the descendants of Francois Pitre have provided excerpts from publications and death indexes which recorded Francois' death. The Detroit Free Press from 8 April 1873 refers to the 'Death of a Centurian': Francois Peters, of Connors Creek, who died at his residence the day before at the age of 100 years, 2 months and 23 days. His death was described as painless and that he had full faculties until the end. This would give a birthdate of 15 January 1773 and deathdate as 7 April 1873.
The censuses for Detroit give his age as 45+ (1820), 40-49 (1830), 60-70 (1840), 70 (1850), 84 (1860), & 97 (1870). Earlier censuses tend to be more accurate, however, if the enumerator put the number in the wrong box that could put the birthdate off by 10 years. I am willing to accept the day and month (for ease of reference), however 1773 is unworkable as his birth year due to the above information. I have therefore entered 1783 as Francois' birthyear, though it could just as easily be 1781 or 1782. (This is until/if a birth/baptism record is actually located.)
Researcher Marty Rossman has provided the following: Francois Pitre served his country during the War of 1812. Records indicate service under two Captains: Audrian and Campau. His widow 'Veronique Marsack' applied for his pension following his death in 1873. One document #148472 8351 states that he sent his old Militia jacket as proof of service. A second record, Survivor's Pension Claim #17880 Warrant #30368-160-55 lists that Francis Peter, who served as Francis Petre in Capt. Jacques Campeau's Company of the Michigan Militia from 2 July to 16 August 1812 and not Capt. Audrian. Veronica's claim was rejected, for insufficient service, on 11 November 1873. An additional 'Widow's Brief' Claim #10516 was presented and admitted on 17 December 1878. Document/Claim #14330, War of 1812, Act of March 9, 1878, Widow's Pension states: Veronique Peters, widow of Francis Peters, Rank Private, Company of Capt. Jacques Campeau, Regiment - Michigan Militia. Detroit Agency, Rate per month - Eight Dollars Commencing March 9, 1878. Certificate dated January 6, 1879 and sent to Pension Agent 15 January 1879. 30368-160-55.
- Francois Joseph /PITRE (Peters)/
- Name: Francois Joseph
- PITRE (Peters)
- ID: EC1F9898-F4AB-48BC-8B87-768D17DE4456
- ID Number: MH:IF1853
- 1783 Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA
- ID: A924AD44-591A-4A14-8750-324E16706579
- ID Number: MH:IF1854
- 9 APR 1873 Quebec
- ID: 0B36A09C-32DD-4EC5-BBE3-4FEC99A9291B
- ID Number: MH:IF1191186
- 27 DEC 1718 Port Royal, Annapolis, Nova Scotia
- !Acadian Descendants, Vol. II, p. 301 by Janet Jehn; birth date from
- Church Records, vol. 4, p. 19; Tanguay, vol. 6, p. 378; Denissen, p. 938
- see Vol. 2, p. 990 of 1987 revision which gives death as Quebec);
- vol. 2, pp. 727-8, vol. 4, p. 1567; Beaubassin now Amherst,Cumberland,
- Scotia; Chipoudy (Chipoudie) now Hopewell Hill, Albert, New Brunswick;
- from Acadian Church Records, vol. 2, p. 39
- Thank you to Paul Schram for creating WikiTree profile Pitre-2374.
Francis may be living in Grosse Point Township, Wayne County, Michigan in 1860.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Francis by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Francis:
- Cheryl (Petre) Bader : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A451409, Ancestry member Cherylbader63
- David Peters : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A952916, Ancestry member Djp28045
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: RJ Horace, Lisa Trudeau, and Paul Schram. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 17 Dec 2016 at 15:35 GMT Roxanne (Meida) King wrote:
On 14 Dec 2016 at 16:42 GMT Roxanne (Meida) King wrote:
Francis is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 27 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.