Elizabeth of Rhuddlan (also Elizabeth Plantagenet; 7 August 1282 - 5 May 1316) was the eighth daughter of Edward I of England and Eleanor of Castile.
- Countess of Holland; Countess of Hereford
- Countess of Holland
- Reign 8 January 1297 - 10 November 1299
- Spouse John I, Count of Holland
- m. 1297; dec. 1299
- Humphrey de Bohun, 4th Earl of Hereford
- m. 1302; wid. 1316
- Lady Eleanor de Bohun
- John de Bohun, 5th Earl of Hereford
- Humphrey de Bohun, 6th Earl of Hereford
- Margaret de Bohun, 2nd Countess of Devon
- William de Bohun, 1st Earl of Northampton
- Edward de Bohun
- Eneas de Bohun
- Father Edward I of England
- Mother Eleanor of Castile
- Born 7 August 1282 (1282-08-07) Rhuddlan Castle, Denbighshire
- Died 5 May 1316 (aged 33) Quendon, Essex
- Burial Waltham Abbey, Essex
- Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, ed. Kimball G. Everingham (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2013), Vol I, pages 420-424, BOHUN #9
- Source: Wikipedia:Elizabeth of Rhuddlan
- ↑ "Valerie Bertinelli."Who Do You Think You Are (US) (Season 5 Episode 4). TLC. 13 Aug 2014. Note: Valerie is viewing a book Arundel 1 (p159) in the archives of the College and consulting with Peter O'Donoghue, the Herald of Arms at the College of Arms, London.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elizabeth's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Terry Wright, Bob Fields, David Robinson, Lindsay Coleman, and Terry Drake. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 22 Mar 2016 at 14:06 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 5 Nov 2015 at 23:29 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
"Hugh de Bohun? This name appears only in one medieval source, which gives Bohun names (see Flores Historiarum) and was a probably a copyist's error for "Humphrey". Hugh was never used by the main branch of the Bohuns in England. Date unknown, but after 1302, since she and Humphrey did not marry until late in 1302." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphrey_de_Bohun,_4th_Earl_of_Hereford
The Unmerged Match of the duplicate Elizabeth's should be merged, as there is no conflict in the children, just an additional Hugh, who may or may not have existed.
On 14 Sep 2015 at 03:21 GMT David Robinson wrote:
On 13 Sep 2015 at 14:44 GMT RJ Horace wrote:
On 12 Sep 2015 at 23:17 GMT David Robinson wrote:
On 31 Jul 2015 at 23:20 GMT Tim Perry wrote:
On 31 Jul 2015 at 23:13 GMT John Atkinson wrote:
On 18 Sep 2014 at 23:01 GMT Renee Malloy wrote:
On 22 Jun 2014 at 22:16 GMT Lady Jessica Church wrote:
On 20 Feb 2012 at 12:35 GMT Roger Travis Jr. wrote:
Elizabeth is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 29 degrees from Bob Dylan, 23 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 22 degrees from Michael Phelps and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.