- Pascal Poulin's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
When this person was created on 14 April 2010 through the import of Jamie 2010_2010-04-10.ged, certain information could not be interpreted. Could you help clean this up?
copied from the book " La Famille Poulain " The story of our Poulin ancestors in the new world.
The first generation Poulin (our first ancestor) to arrive in Canada was Claude Poulain. He was born in 1615 in Saint-Maclou de Rouen, France, located on the Seine River, a short distance from Le Havre. He was baptized in the 16th century church of St-Maclou de Rouen on the 26th of January, 1615. His parents were Pascal Poulain and Marie Levert.11 He went to school as a boy and during his adolescence he worked for the monks at St-Maclou de Rouen. Perhaps that is where he apprenticed as a carpenter. He decided at the age of 21 to leave for adventure in New France in America. In the springtime he boarded the vessel of Sieur de Courpon in company with other new families who were making the voyage to increase the colony.12 He was a skilled carpenter (journeyman) by this time. Imagine Claude’s wonder after the difficult crossing of eight to twelve weeks, when he saw the buildings of Quebec, in the afternoon of June 11, 1636. Quebec was then a very small town swarming with life; bustling with sailors, hunters, pioneers, and merchants. The construction of this era was plentiful, so he did not have a lack of work.
10 Parkman, France and England, Voll I, 251-260.
11 Poulin, Troisieme Centenaire, page 41. The names of his parents were furnished by Vaillancourt in his book titled, La Conquete du Canada par les Normands.
12 Yvan Poulin, Origine de L’Histoire des Poulin, a typed manuscript printed at Sante-Marie, Beauce, June 1991, 33; Bibliotheque Nationale du Quebec.
There were three Poulain's who emigrated from France to Quebec in the 17th century, and had male offspring: Claude, Maurice, and Jean. They were not brothers. Claude came from Rouen, and was the son of Pascal and Marie Levert, and most North American Poulin's are descendents of Claude. Maurice Poulain was from Villebadin and his parents were Pierre and Anne Plomelle. Jean Poulain was from Meun (or Meru), Beauvais in Picardie, and was the son of Jacques and Marie Violette. He married Louise Pare at Ste. Anne in 1667.
- Source: S1 Record ID Number: MH:S500001 User ID: 52F708A6A588776908851FB626792148 Title: WikiTree Publication: MyHeritage Text: <a href='http://www.wikitree.com' target='wikitree'>www.wikitree.com</a> Media: 10109 Type: Collection Record ID Number: MH:SC500006 Page: http://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-10109/wikitree?s=234940531&itemId=902675&action=showRecord&indId=individual-234940531-1000035 Data: Text:
Pascal PoulinQuality or Certainty of Data: 4
Birth: Feb 15 1645 - St Maclou, Rouen, Normandie, France
Death: June 8 1661 - St Maclou, Rouen, Normandie, France
Wife: Marie Levert
Child: Claude Poulin
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Pascal's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jamie Swindells and Rene Lariviere. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Pascal is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 26 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.