- Keziah (Powhatan) Bryant's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Keziah Arroyah, like her "sisters" Grace, Mary Ontonah, and Unknown, cannot possibly be squeezed into the current time frame. Keziah's great grandmother Pocahontas supposedly gave birth to a daughter between her marriage to Kocoum in 1610 and her abduction by Samuel Argyll in 1613. According to this profile this daughter, Ka Okee, married Thomas Pettus in 1635. This marriage results in the birth of two daughters; Christian and Unknown Pettus. Let's say unknown Pettus who is said to have married Wahanganoche, was fifteen at the time of her marriage. This would have been in 1650. They are the purported parents of Keziah Arroyah. She could have been born no sooner than 1651, married no sooner than 1666 and given birth around 1667. She is said to be the mother of Richard Bryant who was born in 1651. But if this is when she was born; there is no way she could be the mother of Richard Bryant. 
The following text, which was posted to this profile, is from a website called The Powhatan Museum of Arts and Culture. It was part of an article about a modern day artist, Rose Powhatan, who had an exhibit which included a piece of art she called "Fire Woman Warrior." This art work was in honor of her ancestor Keziah Powhatan who in 1752 was said to be the leader of the Doeg Indians.
'''Keziah Powhatan, the Tauxenent (Dogue) Indian leader of Northern Virginia, whose acts of bravery continue to inspire her many descendants.
The descendants of Keziah Powhatan still bear her surname, as well as the names Boston, Payne,Grayson, Auld, Carter, Johnson, and Wanzer.
''' This text is not about Keziah Arroyah who, if she lived, was from the previous century. 
Try as I am, I cannot make this woman, Keziah Arroyah, fit into any real scenario.
- ↑ http://www.indianreservations.net/2016/04/keziah-arroyah-fire-woman-warrior-and.html
- ↑ Auld/Powhatan, "Powhatan Gallery," Powhatan Museum of Indigenous Arts and Culture ( www.kevinredstar.com/about-kevin/biography.html : accessed 5 April 2016).
- Patawomeck Indians of Virginia - no longer works
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Keziah's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Keziah is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.