Categories: Notables | Famous Entertainers of the 20th Century | Recording Artists | Actors | This Day In History January 08 | This Day In History August 16 | Memphis, Tennessee | Tupelo, Mississippi | L. C. Humes High School, Memphis, Tennessee | Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards | Fort Hood, Texas | 3rd Armored Division, United States Army | 32nd Armor Regiment, United States Army | Tupelo–Gainesville tornadoes 1936 | Graceland's Meditation Garden, Graceland, Tennessee | Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Country Music Hall of Fame | Gospel Music Hall of Fame | Rockabilly Hall of Fame | Memphis Music Hall of Fame | W. C. Handy Award | Golden Hat Award | Kentucky Colonel | American Music Award of Merit | US Army Veterans | Tornadoes.
- Elvis was born on 8 Jan 1935 in Mississippi and died on August of 1977 in Memphis, Tennessee, at age 42.  He was the son of Vernon Presley and Gladys Smith. 
- He married Priscilla Beaulieu, but they divorced in August 1972 in Los Angeles, California. They had one daughter, Lisa Marie Presley.
- Elvis entered the music scene in 1956 with his single, "Heartbreak Hotel," which reached number one. He became popular with teen girls for his good looks and unique dance moves. Elvis starred in a number of movie musicals that only helped his popularity. He became known as the "King of Rock and Roll" and helped rock music become mainstream. 
- Elvis's biography on elvis.com
- Alma mater Humes High School
- Occupation Singer, musician, actor
- Home town Memphis, Tennessee
- Religion Christianity (Pentecostal)
- Service/branch United States Army
- Years of service 1958–1960
- Rank Sergeant
- Unit Company A, 1st Medium Tank Battalion, 32nd Armor Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- The Presleys survived the F5 tornado in the 1936 Tupelo–Gainesville tornado outbreak
- He starred in 33 successful films, made history with his television appearances and specials,
- 14 Grammy nominations (3 wins) from the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences,
- One billion worldwide record sales.
- 1984, he received the W. C. Handy Award from the Blues Foundation
- 1984, the Academy of Country Music's first Golden Hat Award
- 1986, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (1986),
- 1987, he received the American Music Awards' Award of Merit.
- 1998, the Country Music Hall of Fame (1998),
- 2001, the Gospel Music Hall of Fame (2001),
- 2007, the Rockabilly Hall of Fame (2007),
- 2012, the Memphis Music Hall of Fame (2012).
- ↑ "United States Social Security Death Index," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JR51-ZZD : accessed 23 Nov 2013), Elvis Presley, August 1977; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
- ↑ "United States Census, 1940," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VBS4-F4R : accessed 23 Nov 2013), Elvis Pressley in household of Vernon Pressley, Beat 3, Lee, Mississippi, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 41-20, sheet 21B, family 384, NARA digital publication of T627, roll 2042.
- ↑ "California, Divorce Index, 1966-1984," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VPB5-NDM : accessed 23 Nov 2013), Priscill A Beaulieu and Elvis A Presley, 1972.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley
On 3 Dec 2016 Cynthia (Edgemon) Rushing wrote:
On 17 Sep 2015 Douglas Coldwell BA, BEd wrote:
On 12 May 2015 Genette (Kelly) McGroarty wrote:
On 21 Feb 2014 L. (Franklin) Anonymous wrote:
Login to add your own memory.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Elvis's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Mar 2017 at 02:30 GMT Jennifer (Alley) Devlin wrote:
On 29 May 2016 at 22:05 GMT Barbara Sweeney wrote:
Elvis is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 25 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 22 degrees from David Selman and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.