- Henry Primrose's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- The name: Primrose is coming from the lands of primrose in the parish of Dunfermline. It has been suggested that it originally came from the old British, "prenn rhos: meaning 'tree of the moor'. The Primroses were well settled in Fife, and particulary around the Abbey of Culross. Henry Primrose, who was believed to be born abt 1490, had four sons and one daughter. 
- Henry Primrose was born 1490 in Culross, Fife, Scotland, and died April 1576 in Scotland He married Unknown Primrose abt 1509 in Culross, Fifeshire, Scotland Children of Henry Primrose and Mrs Henry Primrose are 
- David Primerose, b. 1520, Culross, Fife, Scotland169, d. 1574, Culross, Fife, Scotland he married Janet Blaw (Bleau)
- Henry Primrose (b 1490) is mentioned in the Culross charters of 1543 onwards (Reg. Mag. Sig. 8.12.1586) and Rets. and Decreets lxiii 379; Privy Council Register vol.4 p 350; Protocol Book of James Primrose of Newlands) . He had at least 4 sons and possibly also James of Newlands clerk of Culross and Peter of Burnbrae who died 1584 (Edinburgh Testaments).
- ↑ Source: Richard Lee White Family of Morehead Primrose Webclans Primrose
- ↑ Source: KY:Information about Henry
- ↑ quote from: Genealogy Wise Primrose family Scotland A. Macbeth Mitchell
- This person was created through the import of 12102010.ged on 20 December 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Henry's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Henry is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 16 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.