He married Sarah Jane Elson in Canada West (present-day Ontario), probably in the late 1850s (based on the birth of their first child). They had 10 children together: Mary Elizabeth, John Henry, Sarah Jane, Harriet Ann, Ida Elizabeth, Robert James Edward, William Edward, Alice Matilda, Isabella, and Joseph Samuel.
Sarah Jane died in London, Ontario, on 5 November 1881, nine days after giving birth to their last child. The cause of death was listed as heart disease that had lasted ten days. The informant was listed as William Prince, probably referring to their ten year old son.
- ↑ "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NVNF-XFH : accessed 13 September 2015), Henry Prince, 18 Oct 1835; citing Bramshaw, Hampshire, England, reference yr 1813-1837 p 92; FHL microfilm 6,343,373.
- ↑ "Ontario Deaths, 1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JD1Q-9Y8 : accessed 13 September 2015), Sarah Prince, 05 Nov 1881; citing London, Middlesex, Ontario, yr 1881 cn 11159, Archives of Ontario, Toronto; FHL microfilm 1,853,233.
- ↑ "Ontario Marriages, 1869-1927," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FMJD-N5Y : accessed 13 September 2015), Henry Prince and Eliza Hodson, 24 Apr 1884; citing registration , Lambeth, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada, Archives of Ontario, Toronto; FHL microfilm 1,869,800.
- ↑ "Ontario Deaths, 1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JDDC-9QQ : accessed 13 September 2015), Henry Prince, 27 Jan 1915; citing London Tp., Toronto, Ontario, yr 1915 cn 21397, Archives of Ontario, Toronto; FHL microfilm 1,862,269.
- ↑ Photograph of tombstone, CanadaGenWeb's Cemetery Project.
- 1852 Census of the Province of Canada, page 117, Westminster township (part 2), Middlesex, Canada West.
- 1871 Census of Canada, page 73, London, Middlesex East, Ontario.
- 1881 Census of Canada, page 16, London, Middlesex East, Ontario.
- 1891 Census of Canada, page 23, London Township, Middlesex East, Ontario.
- 1901 Census of Canada, page 8, London C-2, Middlesex (East), Ontario.
- Usenet group discussion that lists Henry's children.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
- Henry Prince and family Jul 2, 2015.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Henry:
- Lianne Lavoie : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F283742, FTDNA kit #283742
- Joyce (Angus) Jackson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F354635, FTDNA kit #354635
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 2 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 19 Oct 2012 at 21:12 GMT Lianne Lavoie wrote:
Henry is 29 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 36 degrees from Ayn Rand, 29 degrees from Peter Roberts and 27 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.