Marriage Intention with Mary Tibbets recorded April 10, 1743, at Falmouth, Maine.
rowe001:0172 Westbrook. At 684 East Bridge St. stands a well preserved house known as the "Boody place". This was once originally owned by John Proctor. In 1761 he bought 10 acres adjoining 60 acres that he already owned at "Bank's Edge, on the northerly side of the Presumpscot River". He built a saw mill and a bridge about 1/8 mile above the old Pride's Bridge. The bridge was short lived. In 1838 Frederick Proctor sold the 100 acre farm to Boody (except for the family cemetery, about 4 sq. rods). John Proctor d. 1823 age 80. The house was built about 1761, having 1 story. A second story was added later. Their was a secret passage and stairs leading down below the stone arch that supported the chimney. This was for the women and children to hide in during Indian attack.
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.