Welcome to the 9/11 Project! Thanks for joining us!
This project is the effort of a group of WikiTree users interested in expanding and improving the profiles of 9/11 victims and their families.
How To Join
Any improvements you can make to the profiles of the 9/11 Project are welcome, but here are some specific goals we're working towards:
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marking the profile as project protected (must be done by one of the Project Leaders), if the profile meets those requirements
- 9-11 templates included on the page, see Templates below)
- All relevant categories are added, see Category:September 11th Terrorist Attacks
- Parents are correct and documented
- Biography is cleaned up, free of any GEDCOM junk, Ancestry trees, etc., and ideally has an actual written biography.
- Children are linked if able
- Link Profile to Global Family Reunion
- Create Cemetery Category if known
- Create City freepages and link profiles to city and region categories
- provide gravestone picture if possible
To Do List
These are ways you can volunteer to help with the project; specific tasks linked to G2G discussions so it is easy to collaborate!
Project members can take primary responsibility for a specific 9/11 victim and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, and removing incorrect information. If there isn't a particular family that interests you, you can contribute to any of these tasks on any profiles.
- Eowyn Langholf -
- Steven Harris -
- Gillian Thomas
- Dave Kaufmann - Kim Hennis
- Tammy Chevrette -
- Kristin Goetze -
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Language Resources Help with translations
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
Related Projects and Groups
The following projects and groups are likely to have some overlap with this one, so members of this project may be interested in them as well:
This page was last modified 14:27, 12 September 2019. This page has been accessed 338 times.