Project: Adoption Angels
Adoption Angels are volunteers who help adoptees and birth families look for and connect with each other.
Contact the WikiTree Adoption Angels.
What is an Adoption Angel?
WikiTree Adoption Angels are volunteers who have taken on the mission of helping adoptees and birth families look for and connect with each other.. With our global family tree and our DNA features, WikiTree can be an invaluable asset for assisting adoptees and birth families in their search.
Angels can also help adoptees get settled into WikiTree. Even how to set up their own profile can be difficult! Angels can help smooth the way.
Becoming an Adoption Angel
Before you commit to being an Adoption Angel, read through our Adoption Angels Mission Statement and be sure you understand what Angels do and don't do.
Ways to Participate
- Review Pending Requests in our Angels Workspace and see if there are any you might help fill.
- Create location resource pages with adoption help (Ex: Alabama Adoption Resources) or add resources to each existing page.
- Post information and resources to the DNA and Adoption Space
- Post information and resources to the Space:Adoption_Angels_Basic_Search_Help
- Coming soon - Add adoptions Categories to your profile - instructions and categories are being set-up.
The first time an Angel helps make a connection between an adoptee and birth family (or vice versa) through the Adoption Angels project they'll earn this badge:
Genetic genealogy is the use of DNA testing in combination with traditional genealogical and historical records.. Genetic genealogy involves the use of genealogical DNA testing together with documentary evidence to infer the relationship between individuals.
Finding someone who matches your DNA who knows their genealogy could tell you about your genealogy. The closer the relationship between you and your DNA match the closer you are to knowing your family connection. It's a little more involved, but that is the basic premise.
Help for Adoptees
- Adoptees: How to Set Up Your Profile
- Basic Search Help
- Access to Adoption Records Open Record States.
- Contact the WikiTree Adoption Angels.
G2G Forum Questions
- ↑ citation for Kennett D. Sense about genealogical DNA testing Sense About Science, 15 March 2013 from the ISOGG Wiki
- ↑ Genetic Genealogy, from the ISOGG Wiki
This page was last modified 23:08, 24 January 2018. This page has been accessed 8,406 times.