This Project does not currently include South Africa. Please see the South Africa Project for this country.
The goals of this project are:
- To collect in one place information and resources to assist in building and documenting African Genealogies.
- To bring together WikiTreers interested in connecting African families to the Global Family Tree.
- To make every African profile the best it can be.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Create Space Pages for each country and link them to this project page. See Mauritius Space Page as an example. Use the +Add "New Project" choice to create the page. Each Page should be titled "<Insert Country Name> Project"
- Begin gathering resources for each country
- Create profiles for African notables for all countries and add them to a space page for notables of that country.
Requirements for joining:
- Have Family Member level membership and sign the Honor Code
- Declare what you would like to work on within the project
Once you join we ask you to:
- Make at least one contribution towards the project's goals every six months
- Join at least one project team
- Respond to the six-monthly check-in and to your team leader/coordinator
- Emma MacBeath Project Leader
- Suzanne Blier All countries, consultation
- Richard Shelley (Northern Africa)
- Isabelle Rassinot (French-Speaking Africa)
- Chris Little (Cameroon)
- Monika Palmgren Tanzania
- Andrew Field Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi
- Western Africa
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Sierra Leone
- Eastern Africa
- South Sudan
- Southern Africa
- Central Africa
- Central African Republic
- DR Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Northern Africa
- Dependencies or other territories
- Mayotte (see France Project)
- Réunion (see France Project)
- Saint Helena (see England Project)
- Western Sahara (disputed ownership)
This page was last modified 21:38, 18 August 2021. This page has been accessed 465 times.