NOTE: THIS PROJECT IS ONLY JUST BEGINNING. PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE CREATE STRUCTURES TO MAKE THIS PROJECT SUCCESSFUL
This Project does not include South Africa. Please see the South Africa Project for this country.
The goals of this project are:
- To collect in one place information and resources to assist in building and documenting African Genealogies.
- To bring together WikiTreers interested in connecting African families to the Global Family Tree.
- To make every African profile the best it can be.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Create Space Pages for each country and link them to this project page. See Mauritius Space Page as an example. Use the +Add "New Project" choice to create the page. Each Page should be titled "<Insert Country Name> Project"
- Begin gathering resources for each country
Requirements for joining:
- Have Family Member level membership and sign the Honor Code
- Declare what you would like to work on within the project
Once you join we ask you to:
- Make at least one contribution towards the project's goals every six months
- Join at least one project team
- Respond to the six-monthly check-in and to your team leader/coordinator
- Western Africa
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Burkina Faso
- Sierra Leone
- Cabo Verde
- Eastern Africa
- South Sudan
- Southern Africa
- Middle Africa
- DR Congo
- Central African Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Northern Africa
- Dependencies or other territories
- Réunion (see France Project)
- Western Sahara (disputed ownership)
- Mayotte (see France Project)
- Saint Helena (see England Project)
This page was last modified 16:23, 4 September 2020. This page has been accessed 108 times.