Who are Ambassadors?
WikiTree Ambassadors are volunteers who have taken on the mission of spreading the WikiTree Love across a variety of channels.
- present about WikiTree to their local groups and societies ... or ...
- blog in the genealogy community ... or ...
- participate on social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter ... or ...
- liaise between WikiTree and genealogical societies, libraries and historical groups ... or ...
- help with linkbuilding efforts ... or ...
- share WikiTree love at conferences, family reunions, etc.
Why does WikiTree need Ambassadors?
WikiTree has pledged to stay 100% free forever. This means we have to keep costs ultra-low. We can't spend money on advertising. We must depend on members who help spread the word about our shared mission.
How to Join
Have a love for WikiTree! Also, member for at least a month, and have signed the Honor Code.
- Project Leaders: Azure Robinson, Eowyn Langholf
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Ambassadors project and get a badge.
- Add ambassadors to your followed tags.
- We use Ambassadors Google Group for communication.
How to Participate
First add ambassadors to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed. You may also want to add the social_media tag to your followed tags to be sure to get updates on everything Ambassadors are doing.
You can also join our WikiTree Ambassadors Group on Facebook.
Then choose which teams you would like to join.
- Do you have a blog?
- Do you participate in forums?
- Do you like to add links to WikiTree from other sites?
- Do you have social media accounts?
- If you are a Blogger, please make sure we've given you the Blogger badge and added a link to your blog here!
This page was last modified 21:22, 2 August 2022. This page has been accessed 9,104 times.