The Arborist badge is different from other project badges. The Arborist badge indicates you are an active Arborist proposing and completing merges. Any Arborist not actively participating should remove the badge. For a full list of participants, see the badge report.
How to join
If you are interested please read the requirements below and if you meet those requirements, please respond to our G2G Post.
The Project Coordinator is Robin Craig.
- You have signed the Honor Code and been an active WikiTree member for at least three consistent months. (meaning you have been contributing and performing merges)
- You should be confident you can merge profiles in an efficient and accurate manner, with a focus on accuracy over efficiency.
- You should be actively participating on a regular basis.
- Reviewed the project page and posts in the G2G. (duplicates, merges, arborists)
- You should have already completed at least 100+ merges outside your family. (Contributions will be reviewed by the project leaders) We are looking for merges going into the correct LNAB & lowest numbered profile with the correct Last name at birth, no redirects (where possible), using correct naming conventions (Dutch names, Czech names, and so on..), editing the biography after completing a merge by removing duplicate information after every merge (depending on privacy settings), posting comments why you think two profiles are duplicates.
- You can take direction and redirection well, as merges can be a sensitive area for many WikiTree members.
- Can be polite to members at all times. If you can't, ask a Leader for assistance.
Also please do the following after you have heard back from the Project Leader
- Add the category Category: WikiTree Arborists enclosed inside double brackets to your profile page in the biography section.
- Add arborists to your list of followed tags allowing you to see all of our discussions in your G2G Feed. Also add merges , merging , duplicates.
- Add your name here along with a note about what you're working on. This must be regularly updated, to help the group work together effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
'How is an Arborist different from a Leader?
"WikiTree Leader" is a permissions level. Leaders have proven themselves in the community and are entrusted with some extraordinary rights and responsibilities.
Requesting Arborist Assistance
- Ask a question in the Special Project category of G2G and tag your question "'Arborists'". Or post a comment on the Arborists Profile page.
Arborists are humans and volunteers. From time to time disagreements occur. Please make every effort to resolve any issues via email or via G2G Q&A using the tag "Arborists" You can also contact the project leader Robin Lee If you still are not satisfied please see Problems with Members
This page was last modified 21:09, 14 March 2017. This page has been accessed 10,218 times.