Project: Black Heritage
This is a worldwide project that will assist location projects to create something similar to the US Black Heritage Project that meets their local needs. The Black Heritage project will build and oversee categories and systems dealing with the topic of slavery worldwide.
This project's goals are:
- To collect in one place information and resources to assist in building and documenting Genealogies for those around the world with African ancestry.
- To bring together WikiTreers interested in connecting Black families to the Global Family Tree.
- To improve the profiles of the people who emigrated and the people who were forced to emigrate from Africa to other locations around the world, as well as improving profiles of their descendants.
- To provide and maintain a logical and organized structure, and create a method to link unconnected family trees in a way to help individuals identify their ancestors and celebrate their history.
- Emma MacBeath
- Shoshanah Luckie Australia
- Suzanne Blier
- Duane Poncy
- Carl Dickason
- Melanie Paul
- Elizabeth Viney Jamaica
Requirements for joining:
- Have Family Member level membership and sign the Honor Code
- Declare what you would like to work on within the project
Once you join we ask you to:
- Make at least one contribution towards the project's goals every six months
- Join at least one project team
- Respond to the six-monthly check-in and to your team leader/coordinator
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Add more family profiles.
- Create Space Pages for subprojects, in collaboration with existing location projects.
- Create Space Pages for events in history that caused people to migrate from Africa to other areas of the world.
- Gather genealogy resources for each location.
- Central America
- South America
This page was last modified 04:00, 24 June 2022. This page has been accessed 2,130 times.