The Bushranger Project is a Sub-Project of the Australia Project
This project exists to bring together WikiTreers interested in improving the profiles of Australian Bushrangers. There were more than 2000 bushrangers that roamed the Australian countryside. Australia's bushranging period spanned nearly 100 years, beginning with the convict bolters in 1790 to the 1860s, through to the outlawed bushrangers of the 1860s and 1870s who were able to be shot on sight, and drawing to a close after Ned Kelly's last stand at Glenrowan and shooting of Ned Kelly and the Kelly Gang in 1880.
You don't have to have Bushrangers in your family to join this project. The project is for anyone that has an interest in Australian Bushrangers and their lives.
Australian Project Google Group
If you're interested in participating in this project, please do the following:
- Add the line [[Category:Bushranger Project]] to the text area of your profile page. This will add you to the list of participants on the category page.
- Add bushrangers to your list of followed tags. That way you'll see all our discussions in your G2G Feed.
- Ask Paul , Terry or Irene to award you the Australian Project member badge
- Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
- Our Progress
- Terry Wright - Frederick Ward aka Capt Thunderbolt is a ancestor but i am intrested in all Bushrangers and would like to add more information and free space pages on Bushrangers to wikitree
- Eric Daly - I Have no Ancestors that were Bushrangers but i am assisting with this Project and if anyone who would like help contributing.
- Project Box
If you are working on a profile that is a Australian Bushranger you can place a template on the profile, when you edit, right above the biography heading
copy and paste
This Template adds the Bushranger Profiles to the Australia Bushranger Category
- Australian Bushrangers - A free space page with a list of Bushrangers who have profiles on Wikitree
- The Kelly Gang - A free space page with a timeline of the Kelly Gang and Family
- Frank Gardiner - Ben Hall Gang - A free space page with a timeline of the Frank Gardiner - Ben Hall Gang
- Clarke Brothers - A free space page on brothers John and Thomas Clake who were both hung in 1867
- External Links
- Museum Victoria - The Kelly Gang
- The Sun Herald - Bushranger Ned Kelly's life and Crimes
- Wikipedia - Frank Gardiner and the Ben Hall Gang
- Famous Bushrangers Ranker - List of the top well known Bushrangers
- Bushrangers - Background of the Australian Bushrangers
- High Country - Bushrangers from Victoria
- Australian Folk Law Unit - Bushrangers in Van Diemens Land
- Bushrangers Abercrombie Caves - Back in 1830 the Ribbon Gang Bushrangers used Abercrombie Caves as a safe haven
If you create a Category that could be Australian please add [Category:Australia] in that category. That will make it a sub-category of Australia which can then be listed with all other Australian Categories by clicking onto the link in the box on the right, providing an easy reference of existing categories for our Project.
This page was last modified 02:08, 17 July 2016. This page has been accessed 3,123 times.