The project goals are:
- Category maintenance: Correcting errors in category names; Adding categories to heirarchy.
- Category oversight and collaboration: Facilitating category oversight and collaboration between projects and Wikitree users .
- Category vision: Assuring that the whole category structure from top to bottom is coherent and easily accessible.
Start here to learn about categorization: Categorization
- List your name on our members page with what you're interested in.
- Look at our To-Do section to see what discussions are currently happening, what categories can use your help being moved or built, and other areas in which you can help. Maintenance Categories always need work.
The Categorization Project consists of teams to accomplish the project's goals.
- Category Maintenance Team - This team is comprised of members maintaining current categories.
- Category Vision and Collaboration Team - This team includes Categorization Project Liaisons.
See: Maintenance Team free-space page for tasks and descriptions.
Visit the Maintenance Team Page for further information about:
- Tasks like Category Problem reports
- Process and Procedures
- Useful Tools and Hints
For a full list of current participants, see the badge report.
Vision and Collaboration Team
See: Vision and Collaboration Team free-space page for tasks and descriptions.
Visit the Vision and Collaboration Team Page for further information about:
- Project Category to do lists
- Project Liaisons
Useful Pages and Links
- Category:Categorization Help
- Category FAQ Helpful information.
- Categorization Help Page "How To Categorize"
- Category:Categories: Top-level categories.
- Categorization: Introduction to categorizing profiles.
- Location Fields: Style guide on naming locations, including basic principles that apply to geographic categories.
- Category Names: Style guide on naming categories.
- Categorization questions and answers on G2G
- Personal Categories
- Most Linked Categories
- Maintenance Categories: There are multiple subcategories here for categories.
- Wanted Categories
- Uncategorized Categories
- G2G discussion: How can I use Find A grave and cemetery information to improve my profiles?
- G2G discussion: Should I use a Free Space Profile or a new category for an event or place?
- Unused Categories These categories are set up but have not been used, no profiles have been assigned to them.
This page was last modified 01:52, 3 August 2018. This page has been accessed 19,414 times.