- Leaders: Eowyn Langholf
- Coordinators: John Kingman; Team Leaders: Mags Gaulden, Peter Roberts
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the DNA project and get a badge.
- Add dna to your followed tags.
- We use Google Groups for each sub-project for communication.
- Look at one of the DNA project's example profiles to see what we hope for in profiles that are part of our project. Other excellent examples from our project and others can be found in the Examples Gallery.
If you've come to the project page because you want to ask a DNA-related question, head over to our G2G forum and post your question there. Be sure to use the tag DNA to make sure your post is seen by the right people.
DNA is the new frontier of genealogy. It has become an important part of WikiTree's mission to connect the human family on one accurate single family tree.
The DNA Project is a way to organize those of us who are most interested in how WikiTree integrates DNA test results on the limbs we share on WikiTree. Our mission is to help members understand and use DNA information on WikiTree, manage DNA information accuracy, and expand DNA features in the One World Tree.
There are currently two ways to participate: the Innovators and the Educators. See the sub-project pages for goals and tasks to determine how you'd like to be involved. You are welcome to participate in both if you are interested!
Innovators and Educators Sub-Projects
The role of the DNA Innovators is to network with genetic genealogists both within WikiTree and in the global community, to drive innovation, and to help develop tools to be used in WikiTree to help others integrate their DNA results with their genealogical research. Innovators are bringing ideas and imagination to shape current and future DNA features on WikiTree.
To view the Innovators page, click here.
Team Leader: If you are interested in this role, contact Eowyn.
The DNA Educators' goal is to help others learn how to use DNA in their genealogical research and on WikiTree. They work one-on-one with people, answer questions about DNA on G2G, and develop educational strategies, including the development of a training program for people interested in learning how to use the DNA tools on WikiTree.
To view the Educators page, click here.
- We have our own WikiTree DNA Project at Family Tree DNA. Here is the DNA stats page for our project! Join us if you have tested with FTDNA it's quick and easy.
This page was last modified 13:57, 13 December 2018. This page has been accessed 55,380 times.