Project: DNA Educators
out of their DNA in conjunction with genealogy.
Team Leader: If you are interested in this role, contact Eowyn.
The goals of the DNA Educators Project are to:
- Help people to better understand how to properly use the DNA features on WikiTree.
- Help people better understand how to use DNA testing to provide additional confidence in their WikiTree ancestral lineage.
- Manage DNA information accuracy.
- Help those who have misused DNA confirmation understand their mistakes.
- Find people who don’t understand DNA, so they can be taught.
- Liaise with the Innovators Team to keep up on the latest news in DNA or newest WikiTree features in order to update or improve the DNA Educators’ tasks.
Confirmed with DNA Team
Coordinator: John Kingman
This team focuses on helping people properly use the Confirmed with DNA feature via:
- Answering G2G DNA confirmation questions.
- Assisting with Data Base Errors 213 and 313 (missing confirmation statements).
- Monitoring Relationship Changes related to confirmed with DNA.
- Monitor current activity on WikiTree's G2G Forum to find people who need assistance with DNA
- Answer DNA questions on G2G about using DNA on WikiTree .
- Review prior entries on WikiTree to find people who need assistance with DNA
- Develop a specific help page for the Greeters to use with new members to help them understand the use of DNA at WikiTree.
- Ask people to add their auDNA to GEDmatch.com and enter their GEDmatch IDs
- Suggest changes of privacy levels from red/black to "Private with Public Biography and Family Tree".
- Train DNA Educators as needed so they can educate members.
- Find knowledgeable people to mentor others.
- Mentor members who need more in depth help with DNA use on WikiTree.
- Train DNA Educators as needed so they can mentor members.
- Monitor Data Doctors weekly suggestion list for data base errors 213 and 313 to find people who need assistance with DNA confirmation.
- Monitor Daily relationship status changes on WikiTree to find people who need assistance with DNA confirmation.
This page was last modified 20:34, 4 August 2019. This page has been accessed 1,200 times.