- Project Leaders: Lizzie Griffiths and Joan Whitaker.
- Coordinators: Mary Richardson, Olivia McCabe and Donna Tucker Baumann
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Disasters project and get a badge.
- Add disasters to your followed tags.
- We use Worldwide Disasters Project Google Group for communication.
The mission of this project is to serve as a memorial to those who were victims of, or survived Disasters. We also want to honor those rescue workers who bravely ran towards danger to save the lives of others. Natural and manmade disasters not only shape history but affect the everyday lives of the people involved
Requirements for Membership
The only requirements for membership in the Disasters Project is that you work with the team to create pages and profile that honour those that lost their lives in or were affected by disasters. We recognise that people lead busy lives and are grateful for any and all contributions you make towards the project's goals.
- Please Note:
- Use the appropriate Disaster Sticker for those who died or were affected.
- Please don't add the Disaster project box to profiles. This is reserved for profiles managed by the project. Thank you.
- Please use Reliable Sources.
- We no longer work on disasters that occurred less than 75 years ago. This is because we respect the privacy of any family members of the victims who could still be alive today.
- We do not work on recent bombings and terrorist incidents. These should be referred to the Black Sheep Project.
- To make every single Freespace Page and the profiles of Disaster Victims and Surviviors the very best it can be.
- To record disasters in a way that makes them relevant to genealogy, and honors the individuals involved.
- To encourage and empower individuals, and other Projects to research disasters that occurred in their localities.
The role of our teams is to create Free Space Pages for Specific Disasters, and to make profiles for victims, their family members and for survivors and all those affected in way by the disasters. Teams also locate existing Free Space Pages and other resources, organise them and make them available as Research Resource.
- Fire and Explosion Team
- 9/11 Team
- Natural Disasters Team (includes Volcanos, Avalanches, Landslides, Mudslides & Earthquakes)
- Transportation Team
- Titanic Team
- Weather Team (Hurricanes ,Tornados, Blizzards, Floods)
This page was last modified 18:05, 26 June 2020. This page has been accessed 2,526 times.