Welcome to the England Project!
The England Project is a Sub-Project of the United Kingdom Project
Ways to get involved
For a list of all current members and their activities in the project, check out the Member Interests page.
Begin with your own family
This really is the nuts and bolts of what makes Wikitree great. Do spend time checking that dates, places and names on your profiles are correct, providing strong and reliable sources, adding wonderful photographs if you have them, and writing lovely biographies of your ancestors that bring them to life for the reader. If you need help with any of these the England Project team would love to help out. Just message Susie and she'll connect you with the right person.
Message Susie MacLeod if you are interested in signing up for any of the following:
Sponsor or help with a county
One way to help is to sponsor or help out with a county. Sponsors make sure that profiles within their county are properly categorised to make it easy for people to find them. They maintain the category pages for their county and are a point of contact. They also create and maintain free-space pages for the county and related subjects to provide more information. Helpers support them with this work. If you would like to get involved with county sponsorship, please check out the County Sponsors and Helpers list.
Individual Sub Projects Relating to England
We have over forty sub-categories for England covering a variety of subject from English authors to Sheriffs of England. You can check the current list out on the England category page.
Project Protected Profiles
A team of people in the England project help to manage, maintain and improve profiles which are protected by the project. For a list of these see the England Profile's watchlist. If you would like to be a part of this team see above.
Counties of England
- County Durham
- Greater Manchester
- Isle of Wight
- Tyne and Wear
- West Midlands
London and Greater London
- Isles of Scilly
- West Sussex
- East Sussex
Past Counties of England
- Manchester. Lancashire
- Leeds. West Riding of Yorkshire, Yorkshire
- Liverpool, Lancashire
Kingdom of England
- Kingdom of England
- Kingdom of Wessex
- Kingdom of Mercia
- Kingdom of East Anglia
- Kingdom of Northumbria
- Subdivisions of England
WikiTree England Resources
- England Genealogy Resources
- English History
- English Castles and Historic Houses
- English Knights
- Lancastrians, Wars of the Roses
- Famous English People
- English Artists
- English Emigrants
- English Immigrants to America
- Unassisted English Immigrants to Australia
- Unassisted Immigrants from London
External England Resources
- Wikipedia List of 90 current English Counties
- Registration Districts in England and Wales
- Family Search England Research Page
- New database at Feb 2015 for early 1330 to 1550 England immigrants
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Tons Tweaks Helpful code to improve a profile
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
This page was last modified 18:11, 18 November 2017. This page has been accessed 9,679 times.