Welcome to the England Project!
- Leaders: Susie MacLeod & Wendy Sullivan
- Coordinators: Martin Allen (Categories and Resources), Vivienne Caldwell (PPP/Managed Profiles), Ros Haywood (Orphans), Neil Perry (Sub-Projects), Joan Whitaker (Profile Improvements), Gilly Wood (Welcome and Integration)
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the England project and get a badge.
- Add England to your followed tags.
- We use England Project GoogleGroup for communication.
- If you are working on a profile of someone born in England, and would like to do so, please add the England Sticker.
- If you are working on a profile of someone with English ancestors, and would like to do so, please add the English Ancestor Sticker.
- Please do not add the England project box to profiles. This is reserved for profiles which are project protected and being managed by the project. Thank you.
- The England Category Page is the key page linking to the England Project activities.
- English Resources
The goal of the England Project is to make every single English profile the very best it can be. It is our desire to leave a lasting legacy of work for future generations and current researchers that can facilitate their quest for family history, and bring them one step closer to discovering the myriad of people it has taken for them to draw breath.
On joining the England Project, you start out in the Orphans Team. It consists of WikiTreers at all levels and is the entry team for all people coming into the England Project. Membership in the Orphaned Profiles Team lasts approximately 2 weeks, but you can go at your own pace.
This is a sub-team of the Profile Improvements Team in which you adopt an orphaned English profile, starting with a relatively recent one, and working back through various historical periods, learning the ropes as you go: sourcing, researching, gathering census data, tidying up the data in the biography box and removing unnecessary GEDCOM clutter etc.
With over 80k orphaned English profiles, this is a great way to begin contributing to the project, and give us a chance to get to know each other and what else you might like to do further down the line. The leader of this team is Ros Haywood.
Other ways to get involved in the England Project
Once you have worked on the Orphan Trail for a while, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the project in other ways through teams. In order to be included in the England Project, and be awarded the England badge, you need to be active in the project either on the Orphan Trail or as part of one or more of these teams.
- Counties Team: The Counties Team is responsible for all work carried out on profiles of people born in that county. They also oversee the category and space pages for all the English counties. The current leader of this team is Susie MacLeod
- Sub Projects Team: The Sub-Projects team oversees all the Sub Projects managed by the England Project, and works alongside people who wish to begin new ones. The current leader of this team is Neil Perry
- Profile Improvements Team: The Profile Improvements Team are made up of sourcerers, arborists, connectors, biography writers, data doctors, and others, who are dedicated to improving all English profiles. The work on profiles managed by the England Project, but also work towards the goal of the England Project - making all English profiles the absolute best that they can be. The leader of this team is Joan Whitaker.
- PPPs & Project Managed Profiles A dedicated team who work on profiles managed and protected by England. Managed by Vivienne Caldwell.
This page was last modified 14:09, 29 June 2018. This page has been accessed 19,814 times.