Project: Family of Powhatan
For the Native American project in Canada, please visit First People of Canada
This project is associated with the Native Americans Project
The mission of the project is to add and improve profiles of Family Of Wahunsenacawh (Powhatan). Project members take primary responsibility for relevant profiles or family groups and work on merging duplicates, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, removing incorrect information and offer research assistance as needed.
- Leaders: M. Gaulden and Shirley Dalton
- Coordinators: Jeanie Roberts, Myths and Legends,Alex Elliott, Categorization and Sub-Projects
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Family of Powhatan project and get a badge.
- Add native_americans to your followed tags.
- We use WikiTree Native Americans Google Group for communication-follow that link to join us!
- Check out our maintenance categories for our project needs, then jump in and start helping!
- Here is the Family of Powhatan project's Error List. Working on these is a great way to contribute.
- Look at one of the Family of Powhatan project's example profiles to see what we hope for in profiles that are part of our project. Other excellent examples from our project and others can be found in the Examples Gallery.
How to Join
To see our current members, please see the list below
To join the project:
- Ask the project leader M. Gaulden to add the project badge.
- Add the line [[Category:Native Americans Project]] to the text area of your profile page. This will add you to the list of participants on the Category page.
- Add "Native Americans" to your G2G tag feed.
- Add the tag native_americans to any discussions in G2G involving the Native Americans project or any of its sub-projects.
- Check out the To-Do list below to find something to help us work on, and add yourself (or ask one of us to) to that task.
- Please join the Google Mail Group for the WikiTree Native American Project
- For each person:
- All duplicates merged into lowest number
- PPP added only for individuals who are historically significant or are the subject of many merges.
- pertaining categories added
- templates added
- biography cleaned up and written, using the WikiTree Style Guide (can work with Profile Improvement Project for help)
- Attached family meets these goals, too
- Attached to the main WikiTree family tree (ask the GFR for help)
The is a sub-project of the Native Americans Project. The time frame will cover pre-colonial until the present.
Add your name to the list below, along with a note about what you're working on in this project right now.
- Mags - Working the project from the administrative side of things. I will answer any question asked, even if it's to send you to someone else who knows the right answer. DNA.
- Seneca Drybread/Marc Snelling - Project Coordinator. Answering questions and working to add and improve profiles. DNA.
||... ... ... was a Native American and member of the Tsenacommacah tribe.|
Join: Native Americans Project
WikiTree Project Native American Space Pages
Other Native American Space Pages
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.
- Styles and Standards Help with Styles and Standards
- Project Protecting and merging Help on PPP and Merging
- Help with Gedcoms Gedcom Help and answers
- Formatting Help with formatting on a profile
This page was last modified 04:39, 7 December 2017. This page has been accessed 1,343 times.