The Black Sheep Project and the Gangsters sub-project have been dissolved. The profiles in this sub-project can now be found under its category: Category:Gangsters
A gang is an organized group of criminals. A gangster is a criminal who is a member of a gang. Our Mission is to highlight the profiles of those people who became gangsters.
- Add profiles, checking for existing profiles to avoid duplication. If any duplicate profiles exist, request merges, starting with the oldest generation.
- Use WikiTree Styles and Standards to cleanup kludge and remove broken links from GEDCOM generated profiles.
- Seek original rather than derivative documentation and add as sources.
- Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies.
- Add any relevant categories.
- Check family connections and add sources to those profiles as needed.
- Connect profiles to the Global Family Tree.
Top level category: Category:Gangsters
NO LONGER USED
5-Star Profiles/What to do
- Check that facts are sourced. Try to find sources for ones that aren't. Including family members
- If there aren't dates/locations, see if you can find them and add with sources. If you can't find them, it would be helpful to add notes about where you searched so that others don't have to repeat your efforts.
- Check if there are any duplicate family members and propose merges when necessary.
- If there is a biography, make sure it is an originally written narrative, excluding any copyright or licensing violations (for example, not something that was copied and pasted (C&P) from Wikipedia; see Copying Text)
- Rearrange the Biography section into a logical order, remove any GEDCOM junk and clean up after any merges. (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Biographies)
- Make sure the profile meets our Profile Aesthetics recommendations (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Profile_Aesthetics and https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:HTML_and_Inline_CSS ).
- If there's not a biography, try to lay out a basic narrative and/or timeline of the persons life. Getting the key facts in order will help later.
- See if you can add photographs, pictures, maps or other visual items.
- Add categories, project templates, stickers and/or succession boxes if appropriate.
5-Star Gangsters Profiles
|ID-name||View Count||who's working it||Notes '|
|George Kelly Machine Gun Kelly Barnes (abt. 1900) Gangster||9208||Done||A good example on how a Profile should look - Profile of the Week|
|Charles Arthur Pretty Boy Floyd (1904) Gangster||3556||Done|
|Tommaso Tommy Thomas Gagliano| (1883) Mafia||2692|
|Angelo Gagliano (1862) Mafia||1130|
|Pablo The King of Cocaine Escobar (1949) Cartel King||2116|
This page was last modified 02:09, 7 March 2021. This page has been accessed 2,914 times.